Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams

Since I wanted to do this mod to my personal TransAm and couldnt find a good thread with pictures, I did some research and figured it out on my own. And I took pictures. I'm now going to post a fool-proof walkthrough of how to do this yourself.

EDIT: I am told this worls only for Trans Am guys. The next post down from Whitebird00 has a link for you camaro guys. Camaro guys click here

******* DISCLAIMER: IN SOME STATES THIS IS ILLEGAL. CHECK LOCAL LAWS BEFORE DOING THIS "MOD" *******

You will need:
Wire cutters
Wire Crimpers
1 Butt Splice
1 Ring Terminal
Electrical Tape

All we will be doing is getting under the fuse box, finding the LIGHT GREEN wire, cutting it, and grounding the end coming from the fuse box. Its very easy.

This is when the brights are on without this "mod"
How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams-01.jpg

This picture shows where we will be working. "A" is the fuse box you need to get under, and "B" is where I ground to.
How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams-02.jpg

This is the LIGHT GREEN wire. Cut it.
How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams-03.jpg

Here you see the cut wire and where we will be grounding it. I found some old wire to connect the light green wire with my butt splice and a ring termical to connect to where I want to ground. Take some electrical tape and tape off the now-unused end of the light green wire. Probably not needed, but I feel better about it.
How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams-04.jpg

How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams-05.jpg

How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams-06.jpg

Crimp your ring terminal, unscrew this 10mm bolt (I believe it was a 10mm), thread your ring terminal through your bolt and retighten. You're done.
How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams-07.jpg

And this is your final product. All Four headlights plus fogs. Looks way cooler. NOTE: Please dont ride around with your brights on now in traffic guys. Not cool.
How-To Walkthrough - Fogs On w/ High Beams-08.jpg

Last edited by Whiteboy543455; 04-29-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Not to deflate your balloon but this has been done a few times. Your method works only on Firebirds but leaves Camaros with no way to tell when the fog lights are on (no indicator light). The complete procedure for both Firebird and Camaro is decribed in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...y-brights.html and detailed pictures are in this thread: write up: hi beams and fog lights on the same time. Both are linked in the Lighting FAQ thread in the Hall Of Fame sticky at the top of the Appearance and Detailing section.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 04-30-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Teching In

I sure wish I had found those threads first, takes some real digging to find that, but its cool. I seriously searched for 3-4 days before I just tried it, all I knew was "light green wire" lol. Maybe this will help another Trans Am guy!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Whiteboy543455
Maybe this will help another Trans Am guy!
did and thanks
Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Whiteboy543455
I sure wish I had found those threads first, takes some real digging to find that, but its cool. I seriously searched for 3-4 days before I just tried it, all I knew was "light green wire" lol. Maybe this will help another Trans Am guy!
Well I will be doing this tonight or tomorrow, whenever I can get some of those crimps, I'm all out
But thank you, the pictures are very helpful and the writeup is real clear. Keep up the good work man.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Which wire is it... there are several that look 'right'
Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

There are close-up pictures of the fuse box and the correct green wire under it in the thread I linked earlier: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...same-time.html