PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Learning to use EFILive

Old 01-08-2004, 06:56 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Learning to use EFILive

I purchased EFILive 2 weeks ago and immediately upgraded to Version 6.2. I have played around with it some and have read through the user guide, but I don't have a good sense of learning how to really use it as a tool. I have a 2000 Yukon XL with the LQ4 Vortec 6000 and so far all of the features of the software seem to work great including the bi-directional controls that I have tried.

What are your recommendations? How do I get started and continue to grow? Once I really learn this equipment, I may add LS1 Edit.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
I purchased EFILive 2 weeks ago and immediately upgraded to Version 6.2. I have played around with it some and have read through the user guide, but I don't have a good sense of learning how to really use it as a tool. I have a 2000 Yukon XL with the LQ4 Vortec 6000 and so far all of the features of the software seem to work great including the bi-directional controls that I have tried.

What are your recommendations? How do I get started and continue to grow? Once I really learn this equipment, I may add LS1 Edit.

Thanks in advance!!!

Download the Manual and Print it. Start logging and evaluating your scanned data. Try different Pids. Read the manual for any questions you may have. It's a great program and very easy to use. You'll learn alot just playing with it.

Here's a good forum for usersEFILIVE FORUMS

Good luck.
joel
Old 01-10-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by binksz06
Download the Manual and Print it. Start logging and evaluating your scanned data. Try different Pids. Read the manual for any questions you may have. It's a great program and very easy to use. You'll learn alot just playing with it.

Here's a good forum for usersEFILIVE FORUMS

Good luck.
joel
www.efilive.com is a great place to start.

BowlingSS
Old 01-11-2004, 08:58 AM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Thanks for the help! I'll take you up on your suggestions. I did download and print the manual a couple of weeks ago. I have read/scanned it, but not thoroughly enough. Thanks again. I'm sure that I'll have more questions.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Teching In

For starters, I can say that the manual is rather well written.

Remember this is a tool. EFILive is the hammer, the car is the nail, and the data is the house you make with wood and nails... or something like that. (?) (ok, enough beer for tonite!)

First decide what to PIDS monitor, and what information to display - that gives you an "input" and an "output". Then experiment with that log file in playback. Then try different PIDS, different types of data runs (WOT, cold start, etc.) and different displays!
Yes, do see the user forums at www.efilive.com, too!

Learn, study and practice, and you will soon find 3 things.

1. Eventually, you won't need the manual.
2. Then you will be teaching others about it.
3. Finally, you will be sending EFILive suggestions and corrections!

PM or email me if you need additional wisdom!

MRK

Last edited by emarkay; 01-11-2004 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-16-2004, 10:14 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Thanks guys. I'll be following your advice.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got EFIlive too and upgraded to 6.2 just tonight, man I am stoked about getting to use this program. I have also printed out the manual and will dive into that. I can't wait till I get logging with EFI but I have to wait for my updated cog set up to arrive
J
ps MRK good job on the manual

Search this Thread