Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my battery relocation and new amp mounting

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my battery relocation and new amp mounting

I read back 5 pages and couldnt find it but a couple days ago and periodically theres someone asking about moving their battery to the back. I finally decided to do this and over the period of the last week tinkering after work, I got it done after waiting for parts to come in. First off I chose to go with the Afco Racing tray instead of the BMR cause for $30 I made what you pay $90 for. For anyone thats never seen it the only difference is the Afco doesnt come with mounting tabs, which you can see with a little time and fabbing you'd never know the difference, (sorry I never toot my own horn but I think I did a pretty good job . This is just my opinion but I've read on other setups and seen where people run all new wiring to alternator and fuse box etc but there is really no reason to as the factory wiring is obviously good to go and so I chose to reuse all factory wiring except a new hot going to the front distro block. I made all new wiring for the amp setup and ground and hot in the back for the battery out of existing 4 gauge wire. Sorry if some of the pics are dark, its very shadowy outside right now and these were with my Iphone. Open to any thoughts or comments. Posted this trying to give any help on anything about moving the battery. And yes I know to be NHRA legal its suppost to be sealed, but the track I go to doesnt inspect that hard plus I dont ever do any big events. Parts were
Afco Tray :$30, New terminals all around : $15, 2gauge welding lead:$ I dont remember had it in the shop for 2 years but seems like $35.
Bare Metal with tabs welded on

New Tabs welded on

Mock up fitting

After a coat of gloss black

Distro Block with the 3 factory hot wires coming out on factory battery tray with new 2gauge welding lead coming in. Disregard the bare wire as thats the factory ground that wasnt soddered together yet when I took the pic.

All put back together. I have to say if it wasnt a street car I wouldve just gotten rid of the whole stereo setup all together but I will always have a stereo setup in the car.

Quick Reply: Pics of my battery relocation and new amp mounting