Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

alpine iva-800?

Old 01-08-2004, 07:06 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default alpine iva-800?

How do you wire it to view picture on dvd when car is running. Mine says pic off for safety. Thanks

Last edited by maddboost; 01-24-2004 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Legally you need to wire it to a parking brake lead and you wont be able to see motion video on it like DVDs or video inputs unless the parking brake is engaged. If you want to bypass it there are two leads you need to connect I cant remember which is which but you have the foot brake lead and parking brake lead. One needs to be grounded the other needs to be hooked to a power source. You then need to toggle swithc to each one. You need to keep flipping the switches until you see the picture. I know there is a more specific way of doing it but I just cant remeber I havent bypasse done in at least a year. Also getting pulled over in most states with a video screen playing is a $500 fine so watch out. The other path you can take is Alpine acutally sells a bypass module used for display models. Just call them up and tell them you need it for a demo model. They will sell it to you.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Any idea how much the bypass module cost and do I have to order from alpine or can I get it at a dealer.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Gotta order from Alpine, I dont have a clue on price sorry.

Search this Thread