Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 into 94 camaro v6

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 into 94 camaro v6

so i have an ls1 and a v6 camaro. i want to put the Ls1 into it but im not a 100 percent on what im getting myself into.

is the wiring on the v6 similar to the lt1? How much stuff do i need to change to make this work?

any advice will help.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2010, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its more trouble than its worth. Especially since LS1 f-body's can be had for just about as cheap as that conversion is going to cost you... and they won't be 16 years old. Its all the little **** that adds up.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I can't see the logic in dropping in a LS1 in something that had that option from the factory, by the time you get done your so upside down in the car that you'll never recoupe your investment.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

seems like it wouldnt be that hard.... youll def need the ls1 pcm
Old 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 406malibu
Its more trouble than its worth. Especially since LS1 f-body's can be had for just about as cheap as that conversion is going to cost you... and they won't be 16 years old. Its all the little **** that adds up.

That sums it up right there............
Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

I cought lots of hell for my choice on doing the LQ4 swap. Its your car so do what you want with it. Yes for the price in the long run you couldve bought an LS powered car. But then whats the fun and satisfaction out of that. I say build your ride man. First off you'll need a K-member, engine with pcm and harness, transmission and lots of beer and band-aids. Check out cartech.com they have some books that are very helpful. How to swap GM LS series engines into almost anything is one and another is How to rebuild GM LS series engines is another. Both are very detailed. Its a starting point for ya.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RS2SSxLS2
I cought lots of hell for my choice on doing the LQ4 swap. Its your car so do what you want with it. Yes for the price in the long run you couldve bought an LS powered car. But then whats the fun and satisfaction out of that. I say build your ride man. First off you'll need a K-member, engine with pcm and harness, transmission and lots of beer and band-aids. Check out cartech.com they have some books that are very helpful. How to swap GM LS series engines into almost anything is one and another is How to rebuild GM LS series engines is another. Both are very detailed. Its a starting point for ya.
Im not saying dont do it, Im saying get ready for all the little **** that comes up while your doing it. Dont you have a thread on here asking how to do it and what is all needed???? Just wait till you get home and get into it, itll all make sense then-
Old 04-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Im expecting lots of late nights, hard work and pissed off wife when I get back state side and start my build. I was saying I received **** for my decision, so I was just letting him know what to expect. Yes I did put a post up, to get questions answered and to make my build easier on my bank account. Im not trying to make anybody mad, because that person might know what I need to know. Besides I might need your help.....
Old 05-01-2010, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

well im putting a 5.3 in my formula and puttin a turbo on it. the camaro is my gfs and she wants the ls1 in it. dont really care that i could buy one we want to build this one. i like projects lol
Old 05-01-2010, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

It's not that hard to do..not really a whole lot of little **** involved with it either. It's a pretty cut n clear swap with alot of parts out there that work perfectly..nothing that needs to be custom except for the Wiring.

Check my thread out..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...to-95-z28.html

Your wiring will be very close to my 1995 so it would be about the same.

Quick Reply: Ls1 into 94 camaro v6