Sponsored by:

Lockup question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lockup question!!!

Ok guys, Help me out here.
First the details of the car. 98 Z28 Built motor, Built 4l60e w/Yank ss4000 stall.
Last October I destroyed my 3/4 drum and sent a check ball through my seperator plate in the valve body.
So, I had the trans refreshened with a rebuild kit, and had a new seperator plate put in. along with new clutches, etc etc etc.
Now I also sent my Yank ss4000 stall back to Dave to be cut and cleaned and inspected. He said it looked great.
So I got the Trans back in the car and 3 days later I pulled in to get gas, fired it back up, and it wouldn't move in Drive. So I put it in Reverse, It worked fine. Held it in 1st gear and gave it alot of gas and it slowly moved and then shuttered like a rearend just blew apart. (Didn't want to move.) So I put it in 2nd gear and reved it up and it slowly pulled. Then went into 3rd gear and drove ok enough to get me home. So I pulled it back out and took it to my builder, and he went thru it and found some stuff broke and repaired it. Now it's working fine, BUT the Tq. Converter does not lock up and it wasn't when I got it in and running a few weeks ago either. (Before the tranny messed up at the gas station)
BUT, It was locking up Perfect last season when I ran it.
Now My other question relating to this is that I just deleted my ABS, and I know they are indirectly related. Meaning, I know the Converter unlocks when you press the brakes. And My brake light is on, But IDK if I need to remove fuses for ABS, Retune the PCM, or What?
I'm lost and would really like to get my converter to lockup.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts.

James
Old 05-02-2010, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously?? Nobody has any answers?
wow...