Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will ms3 fit New prc stage 2.5 5.3 head?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default will ms3 fit New prc stage 2.5 5.3 head?

i have the latest stage 2.5 5.3 head which is milled to 59cc just the way it comes from texas speed. has anybody ran this setup with the ms3 and will it clear? i think the old version you had to tell them so they could modify it but im not sure if it applys for the new version of the heads?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only way to know is to measure for yourself. IF "Joe" comes on here and says "Yeah, it clears on mine" and you just believe him, what happens when you start your engine and it destroys itself?

Think "Joe Forum Guy" is going to cut you a check to rebuild?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
Only way to know is to measure for yourself. IF "Joe" comes on here and says "Yeah, it clears on mine" and you just believe him, what happens when you start your engine and it destroys itself?

Think "Joe Forum Guy" is going to cut you a check to rebuild?
i cant measure myself if i havent purchase the cam yet. i rather have a few guys on here say "yea i have the new prc 5.3's and mine cleared" and that would make me feel much better about purchasing the cam and then measuring myself once i have spent the money.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of prc 5.3 stage 2.5s on my car they have been milled to 59 also and when I was running with the stock short block (the pistons have no valve reliefs),,, and when I was looking for a cam a quick call to TSP and I was told NO that cam would not fit. Hope this helps...
Custom cam is the way to go, I have had two done by the same guy and they are awesome, MY power in my sig was from one of the custom cams.. The guy who does them is the best. PM me if you want his info, I am not sure if hes a sponsor But everyone knows him..and his price is close to an off the shelf cam.