Triketra

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Triketra

I recently started my own business with a friend of mine and while its not currently the main stream of income for my livelihood, I still am trying to exit the main stream "rat race" - and build something substantial.

Now I know starting a new business is arduous to say the least, and yes I understand fully what my Father tells me every time we get together "9 out of 10 start-up companies fail in their first year", but failure is not an option. As I mentioned before, i'm not relying on this project to pay the mortgage, so if this venture doesn't bare fruit right away its not the end of the world. But still, my personality and goals won't allow me to patiently wait for that first big gig.

So I am sure the handful of people who actually click and read post are wondering "WTH?" What kind of title or company name is that? Well, company name doesn't particularly dictate whether or not a company is viable or dependable, but I agree yes - it's a rather unusual name, with no direct correlation to any specific trade.

So wth does Triketra do? And why would I want to post anything but a quick joke, etc..? Triketra is intended to commercial and medical/scientific specific construction, design, and equipment procurement company that offers a turn-key service to pretty much anybody that has any facility construction needs.

In a nut shell, the ideal customer would be physician groups, property management firms, developers, and the like. In the economy you would be hard pressed to find "customers" lining up to have you build such a facility or suite, but at the same time one advantage we do have is a significant value and savings for such projects.

Now my next question i am sure is "what's in it for me?" Well, money. At this point we'll take anything. My partner is a former VP sales for a commercial roofing company, I personally am close to a third generation home builder with a good amount of renovation experience, and currently serve as the COO for a medical company here in Houston. So technically speaking we know what we are doing.

Back to you. Any potential leads to construction, site planning, equipment (medical, i.e. CT, X-Ray, MRI, C-Arm, etc...), would render one a hefty commission. Not sure who on here would "need" a licensed surgery center, freestanding emergency care facility, or an imaging center - but you never know, as you might just get a tip for any size job.

I am certainly open to any leads, and would love to 1099 anyone who refers anything - But more so, simple advice and suggestions are fully appreciated.So if you or someone you know has anything that needs built let me know, maybe we can save some people some money, and make some in the process.

You can reach us at: http://www.triketraco.com

Yes I know the site is not finished, lol what can I say? It like everything else is a work in progress.

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned

sounds like a birth control
Old 05-04-2010, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Try the Dallas area... construction is picking back up.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TPRDFW
sounds like a birth control
Old 05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Birth control? Not sure how to take that, but I have always been a fan of "the pill", it feels better, and 99.99% of the time it provides the optimal outcome.

But seriously guys, I'd like to help someone make some quick cash. I personally hate most GC's, they pad their numbers, and the one line item for GC's profit is just icing on the cake. Majority of the time, all a GC's overhead and expenses are already paid for before you get the the profit.

Maybe one day i'll be that shisty GC, but now, I'm an honest guy that has seen my company and countless others spend soo much money than they should have, and a lot of the time end up with a facility that isn't what they anticipated.

Right now we are having a "friend" (a GC) basically do all bidding and all the work, and we receive 25% of the GC profit, and put our name on the gig. Already after 1 bid, I am sick of it, I want to be able to jsut do the damn thing myself. Even if I have to bite the bullet and pay for the insurance out of pocket.

I just need to find good Masters, and get one good lead, and im set. Hell, if its big enough, I dont mind paying a finder's fee of 30% of the profit, which generally is 10-20% of the sum of all work and materials.

For instance: Job-A materials, labor, drawings, permits, etc...totals to $150,000 (no padding), then the GC profit (what I think is fair) is 10% --> $15,000. I have no issue with cutting a check to the guy that made it happen $5,000.00, i'll put it in writing, what ever.

As far as DFW, I agree a lot of activity there, I just dont have the resources to land a deal up there, but then again, thats where this thread comes in.

I know the thread comes across as a bit "desperate", after reading it, I felt I kinda sounded like a whiny *****. HaHa. But come guys, you mean you dont think there's a guy that needs a new residential roof? A company or individual that needs a new driveway, home renovation, and of course a group of doctors wanting a professional building with surgery center and radiology isnt bad either.

Make you jokes, I'd do the same, but I would be looking if I knew anyone I'd look into this kinda thing.