Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me diagnose my problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help me diagnose my problem!!!

Okay guys i am having some pretty bad luck with my car.

i just put a new performabuilt level 2 with a 3800 stall in my z and have had nothing but troubles sense.

first off i have a problem with overdrive when the car goes into overdrive and you try to accel it shudders really bad but as soon as i hit the brake the converter unlocks and its fine.
So i contact performabuilt about it and they send me a new converter but that didn't change a thing.

second, yesterday i drove the car and now its vibrating through the whole acceleration in all the gears but it doesnt feel the same as when it does it in overdrive so i am stumped.

the car has a slight miss at idle now so i was wondering if that could be the cause of this?

i contacted performabuilt again and told them the symptoms and they told me that nothing in the tranny would cause all those problems so i need some help from you guys.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the cause of it. It is not a converter it is purely an engine missfire

Originally Posted by 1C3 MAN
Okay guys i am having some pretty bad luck with my car.

i just put a new performabuilt level 2 with a 3800 stall in my z and have had nothing but troubles sense.

first off i have a problem with overdrive when the car goes into overdrive and you try to accel it shudders really bad but as soon as i hit the brake the converter unlocks and its fine.
So i contact performabuilt about it and they send me a new converter but that didn't change a thing.

second, yesterday i drove the car and now its vibrating through the whole acceleration in all the gears but it doesnt feel the same as when it does it in overdrive so i am stumped.

the car has a slight miss at idle now so i was wondering if that could be the cause of this?

i contacted performabuilt again and told them the symptoms and they told me that nothing in the tranny would cause all those problems so i need some help from you guys.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I concur that it sounds like a missfire and yes it would be much more noticable in 4th and locked than in the other gears since you would have a direct coupling and lower rpm.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im curious if you solve this problem because my mustang does the same thign when the converter is locked. feels like im gonna brake the tail shaft off. but unlocked its smooooth and runs great so i know mine is not a miss. so if you figure anyhting out please post it.