Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backfired??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Backfired??

First today when I was shifting from 2nd to 3rd at about 3-4k the check engine light started to flash. A mile later on my drive I did about the same but a little lower in rpms maybe and I heard this loud bang from the rear and the whole car jerked and locked up for a second. When I got home the only thing I could tell was maybe my air lid was leaking. The seal was loose and sucked inward on one corner of the lid. I've also noticed I've been idling a little rich lately, like around 13.5 I thought it was because of the headers I just installed, but maybe it was the leak in the air lid. I fixed the leak and the a/f is up to about 14.7 again. I took it around the block after that a couple times and got up to 3k with no problem. Could the lid have caused all that?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your plugs and wires... i had the same thing happen, ended up being a bad plug wire
EDIT: check your maf, make sure it's clean and such
Old 05-06-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Drive Train:9" w/spool
i think this is your problem, you cant drive this on the street, you probobly had a slight power surge and the spool pulled it sideways. you are just asking for it driving on the street.