General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

93 z wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 93 z wont start

Wont click or turn over, all gauges act normal. Fuel pump hums. Battery went dead a month ago and a guy put a trickle charger on it, as soon as he did the lights were blinking alarm went off and gauges kept jumping. After my mom replaced the battery that day she had to replace 4 fuses. The car started right up. So she turned it off and now it doesnt even turn over. And the alarm system wont register my remote, checked if the remote was sending a signal at autozone and it does. Could the trickle charge have damaged the alarm box/fuse. This all happend while I was on deployment so I'm naturally P$$$OFF. Any suggestions to check thanks.

Last edited by Altekameraden; 05-07-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Have you checked the voltage of the battery and at the starter?
Old 05-08-2010, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Take the battery out and back to where you got it.Have them check it and if it is drained charge it up,reinstall into car and take whole car to battery place.Have them check the charging system-you may have a drain somewhere.
Darn curious why fuses would blow while charging or during battery replacement. Where did she get battery?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Teching In

i would have the new battery checked as well. also make sure the battery terminals are tight making a good connection.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys, battery was good, cables retightened, checked the circuit board on alarm unit, found 2 burn spots and broken connections. So does anybody know what audiovox alarm box is similar to the old APS750A unit. Can't find any for sale. Thanks guys