Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Need help in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Need help in NYC

Anyone in the NYC area willing to give me a hand diagnosing some issues I'm having with my car? Its a 1994 Z28 auto if that matters. Just want to see what exactly is the issue with the car bogging and also the trans issue I'm having.
I dont have much money but if your willing to just BS and have some brews on me that would be awesome

I just want it to run right so I can finally drive around without wishing I dont break down lol
Old 05-10-2010, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

no one in the area??
Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

hey how are u doin im in the nyc area, what problem are u having with your z?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'm over in brooklyn if i can be any help
Old 05-12-2010, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Ok the car seems to be exhibiting a couple of different issues

1. Sometimes the trans will shift and drive fine, and others its feeling like something is binding almost. But its completely random and the trans is pretty fresh along with the converter. Its seeming to vent out of the top of the trans (where that tube is on top of the tranny). Im going to by pass the stock cooler Saturday and see what happens

2. I'll be driving and it seems like the car loses power randomly and kinda like bogs like it has crappy gas. It'll gurgle a bit and rpm's will drop, I'll get off the gas and then hit it quickly and the car drives mint again...

3. Seems when the car is cold there is a slight stumble sometimes, but goes away when the car is warmed up. I dont seem to have any egr leaks BUT I'm going to check anyway
Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

first off like is always asked in here any codes..how are the plugs and wires in the car...miles and has fuel filter ever been replaced...
second on the trans...are the cooler lines hooked up right/were they flushed at all.....i personally would not recommend bypassing factory cooler/i know this is a timed honored arguement were everyone thinks they are an expert and i'm not gonna try to be one either,but i worked for a while at an incredibly good transmission shop with one of the best builders i've ever seen and we repaired numerous trns that were done like that ..your really not optimizing a setup by doing this...run the lines to the radiator cooler then to an external cooler that is spaced about 1/2" off the front radiator then back to the trans.....also from past trial i can say the derale 700r4 cooler pan works great
Old 05-12-2010, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spcearle
first off like is always asked in here any codes..how are the plugs and wires in the car...miles and has fuel filter ever been replaced...
second on the trans...are the cooler lines hooked up right/were they flushed at all.....i personally would not recommend bypassing factory cooler/i know this is a timed honored arguement were everyone thinks they are an expert and i'm not gonna try to be one either,but i worked for a while at an incredibly good transmission shop with one of the best builders i've ever seen and we repaired numerous trns that were done like that ..your really not optimizing a setup by doing this...run the lines to the radiator cooler then to an external cooler that is spaced about 1/2" off the front radiator then back to the trans.....also from past trial i can say the derale 700r4 cooler pan works great
Im going to get the car scanned again, but no codes that I remember except last time was for a 3-2 solenoid on the old trans that I got fixed.

I dont want to by pass the cooler but Im just curious to see if there was going to be a difference in trans performance and see if they were clogged. I personally havent checked the lines yet but it was installed at a trans shop local not saying they didnt screw up but I personally did not do it. If i can flush the cooler I will re-use it

Plugs and wires are good. I pulled some random plugs the other day and all seem like they are burning fine. Wires are all on the right way, also under 6k on both. Same with fuel filter, did that with plugs and wires. Im going to also be doing my fuel pump (I have a walbro waiting to go in).

Where in BK are you? I should be working on the car in the LIC area, over by Court House Square if you are familiar with the area??