Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

05 V security light, no guages and no sound from radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 05 V security light, no guages and no sound from radio

hey guys, got a hit or miss issue with my 05 V. At times i am able to make a ecm connection with scantool and others i get no communication. When i get no communication i have the security light on the dash, no sound from the radio and hit or miss on which gauges work(ie, gas, temp, tmps, etc). When i first saw the scantool didnt work with the ecm i figured just a bad ecm but now its on and off at times. Not sure if something is loose or maybe some of you guys have delt with this?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sucks when there is no follow-up, especially when my car won't even start. i spent wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long installing a steering wheel position sensor and now my key fob operates the doors and trunk, but when I put the key in i get nothing. i'm searching frantically through the forums for an answer. my security light flashes, i can get it to go out, but still no crank/gauges/radio
Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and figured it was something stupid, the problem was me, i didn't clip the column main harness al the way
Old 08-18-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I know this is a different car, but I had similar symptoms on my Grand Prix GXP... turns out one of the harnesses connecting to the BCM computer under the dash had wiggled loose. I pushed it in a little, heard a 'click', and my problems went away.

Good luck, I hate electrical problems!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:36 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine was throwing the security thing and doing all kinds of other crazy stuff. I found a broken ground wire on the passenger side frame rail below the fuse box on the passenger side. Pulled my hair out trying to find it though.

It's the yellow connector in this pic...

Old 08-18-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a bad body control module. They are price and have to be reprogrammed only by a dealer. Had the same problem with my Gf's jeep it would stall in the middle of nowhere with no pattern at all. Turned out the BCM was whacked out. Replaced it for 800+ bucks and it runs fine now.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ended up being a bad nav unit which caused other parts of the car to go haywire. Weirdest thing i have ever dealt with, would make the windows randomly work and the dash lights to go nuts. $1200 bucks later good to go...

Quick Reply: 05 V security light, no guages and no sound from radio