Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Looking for CTS-V ownership opinions - From BMW owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for CTS-V ownership opinions - From BMW owner

Hello everyone,

My name is Sean, a proud owner of 2006 E90 BMW 330i. By now, some of you are probably saying "this guy is far away from home". Well, I know I am. Im here because of a debate in www.E90post.com. E90POST is one of the biggest BMW forums to date. While there are true car enthusiasts in the forum, just like any forum there are few dumbasses. (I won't name any, but you will see once you check out the thread)

Since most of us are dedicated BMW owners with no experience/expertise in CTS-V models, we are looking for few members who could kindly join our forum and pitch in some opinions. We are NOT looking for flame wars nor inviting typical fanboys(these people are everywhere, right?). Someone who can give unbiased review of CTS-V models, tell us some pros/cons.

Some of you might thinking joining a BMW forum to teach them few lessons is quite stupid, however, your unbiased, professional opinions will change the way bmw owners think (at least the smart ones). There will be many members who will learn from your opinions and find new respect towards Cadillac vehicles. If you think this is worth it, please join our E90POST forum and help us with this thread.

2011 bmw 335 VS 2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Thank you very much for your time, and hope to see some of you soon.

p.s: If you don't feel like posting your opinions in E90POST, you are very welcomed to post your opinions in this thread. I will check back and see.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i read a few pages and i can say that the thread really makes no sense. its like comparing a e90 335 against a c63 just because both cars. the 335 and the cts-v have nothing in common with each other if performance cars are concerned. even modded the 335 has nothing for a modded cts-v. couple that with a cts-v having an interior, build and performance level to compete with the best from other companies, the 335 is more of a mid level vehicle in the 3 series line. even though its a great car, its price is rising way to quickly. at mid 40's its a great buy, but if its creeping into m3 pricing then i dont see what its appeal is.

also the resale on a 335 is pretty bad honestly, they are going for similar prices to a e46 m3, even less in some areas.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not many V2 owners in this section just FYI.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

I am an avid fan of bimmerforums.com and have been a member there for years since owning my M3. I wish I could give more input but I've not owned an E90 nor a newer model CTS-V.....just my old and slow 1st generation CTS-V
Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I only read the first couple pages but it sounds like anyone with a clue is saying Cadi. All the rest are the bimmer nutswingers who don't even back up there choice other than saying the car is gonna fall apart in a few years and be worth ****. Yet as many people pointed out they have had a lot of problems with there bimmer's and the resale value is tanking. One guy even was even dumb enough to question the torque because the 335 is a "torque monster". And another said American cars are only meant to go in a straight line and would never pay that much for a chevy hot rod, yet it beat the M3 (not even the 335) around the Ring by 6 seconds. Not even gonna bother joining over there since the guys arguing against the Cadi don't even have facts, just guesses about when it's gonna fall apart.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Why is that thread even open. The 335i is not even in the same class as the V2. The V2 competes directly with and trounces the E60 M5. My boss just turned in his 06 or 07 E60 off lease. This is an apples to oranges comparison to be honest. In what objective category or any for that matter does the 335 come close to the V2 in? Absolutely none.

Quick Reply: Looking for CTS-V ownership opinions - From BMW owner