Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e only shifting at 3200 rpms

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4l60e only shifting at 3200 rpms

Car is a 94 z28. It's not slipping but will not shift until 3000 or so rpms and even at wot it runs through all gears at around 3000.
When at light throttle it shifts really hard into second, and kinda hard into third. When at heavy throttle the shifts feel normal but way to early. Sometimes when it shifts hard it makes a squeaking noise kinda like a belt squealing at the end of the shift when second or third grabs. It also isn't shifting down for a passing gear and the torque converter isnt locking.

Car has 373s and a 2500 stall with no tune but ran fine for a year like this. I know it needs a tune but I just bought the car like this and want to get some issues worked out before heading to the tuner.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got the car scanned

Code 083- torque converter quad driver module
code 026- quad driver module 1 fault

and I forgot the last one but it said tps too low.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I figured it out. The prior owner bent the throttle stop so that it was not against the screw in an attempt to make the car idle lower. The car was idling high because of a bad tps which I replaced and I also bent the throttle stop to it's original position.
The car is idling perfect now and shifting like it should. I'm just posting this info to help someone if they are having a similar issue and are searching for an answer.

Quick Reply: 4l60e only shifting at 3200 rpms