Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Vibration when I push in the clutch? (LT1/T-56)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration when I push in the clutch? (LT1/T-56)

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I know this is mostly LS1's, but since we all share the same transmission, I figured I'd ask this question here. So here is the problem:

I've had two 6-spd LT1 F-bodies (a 95 TA and a 95 Z28). My Trans Am's clutch pedal would vibrate when pushed all the way in with a small "dut dut dut" kind of noise. The car ran sound and the shifts were not a problem. I had replaced the slave clutch cylinder (different than the ones on the LS1 just to be clear), and the clutch a couple times. The vibration and 'dut dut dut' was always there.

Now, I'm buying a Z28 with the same issue, just a little louder. Keep in mind this is ONLY when I press the clutch in all the way. It is a vibration of the pedal and an annoying noise. It still shifts smoothly and doesn't need to be pushed in that far to get a smooth shift.

I'm sure some of you guys have had this annoyance, but wondering if anyone found the solution to it. Anyone?

Thanks!

EDIT: I've read this might be because of a bad throwout bearing or pressure plate. Does this sound correct? If so, awesome! I have a lifetime warranty from when I had my TA.

Last edited by Anarchology; 05-10-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same thing happened with my m6 gto
the pilot bearing blew out throwing the input shaft off
u need to fix it before it comes into a worst problem
Old 05-11-2010, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1904gto
same thing happened with my m6 gto
the pilot bearing blew out throwing the input shaft off
u need to fix it before it comes into a worst problem
That was what I figured. It's actually happening on a car I'm buying tomorrow. Since I've already done the clutch 3 times on my 95 Trans Am, I'll probably do that in a night.

It's good to have a lifetime warranty on a clutch!

Quick Reply: Vibration when I push in the clutch? (LT1/T-56)