Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch issue at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch issue at WOT

When I go wide open throttle in my car the clutch pedal seems to get alot shorter, meaning it releases alot closer to the floor than when I drive it normally. Then after a few shifts of normal driving it goes back to normal. It feels the same when it releases it's just at a different spot and I don't have any trouble getting it into any gear. Is this something to be concerned with? Is this maybe a sign that something is on its way out? Or am I making a big deal out of nothing?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Anyone have any ideas on this? Still having this problem..
Old 05-21-2010, 11:58 AM
FormerVendor

Could be a couple of thing. First thing I would do is to check the fluid level and make sure it's not burned. Try flushing the hydrolic system with fresh fluid and see if that helps you out. Second your disc could be slipping, either form it not holding the power or form a fluid contamination, causing an excessive amount of heat that would lead your diaphram spring in your pressure plate to fail.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing here... Except mine will be hard to get into gear. Especially after I get on it. My fluid was deff burned, but I have been draining the res with a syringe and replacing with fresh DOT3 quite often. Just to make sure 100% clean...

Heres my original thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...nt-places.html
Old 05-22-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same problem and I decided to pull the transmission out and check things out. I pulled the transmission out and found out that the flywheel was like polished looking and my clutch had obviously been slipping. It was so messed up that there were BIG blue spots on the BACK where it had been burnt. So i fixed that and then I had a BRAND NEW spec 3 clutch put in it and when I really got on it the pedal went soft again. Soon after it started doing this the master cyl went out and after I fixed that the slave went out. I replaced this and is still fine to this day. There is an o ring in the master right where the line slides in the master cyl that well was not there anymore. Now its fine and acting like its supposed to. Just putting my story in.