Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some help for a custom LS1 alt bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default some help for a custom LS1 alt bracket?

Does anyone know the offset distance from the front face of the passenger's side head, to the serpentine pulleys on an F-body LS1? I've pulled measurements, but my confidence in their accuracy is only moderate.

Also, is there a diagram of the spacing of the threaded holes on the head? Again, my ability to measure them accurately is probably inadequate.

I need to fabricate a custom bracket to hold an alternator high on the passenger side. The problem is that it's a non-GM part that goes with an onboard welder and the vehicle is a home-build off road buggy.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I clamped a flat extruded aluminim saw guide to the crank pulley then measured from that edge to the first groove in the crank pulley. I then measured from the same flat edge to the head and used that distance to set up the alternator spacers. I figured everything is good as long as the first groove on both pulleys match.

As for the head you are probably measuring the bolt spacing more accurately than you think. It is not like a few thousands is going to matter.

I mounted a Denso alternator onto mine using this method.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I used the same method to make mine. There's a diagram of the passenger side head and waterpump bolt holes for an AC compressor on the corvetteforum LS swap sticky.

Quick Reply: some help for a custom LS1 alt bracket?