Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

mid-left rear speaker not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mid-left rear speaker not working

so i just bought the car a little over a month ago and today i noticed one of my speakers was out. i always wondered why it sounded like it was louder on one side. so i pulled it off and tested it on the other side and the speakers good but its not working. i checked it and it had voltage so i pulled the radio and noticed the wires that go to my radio were epoxied together instead of solder?!?!? i was like wtf . so i was sure that had to be it. pulled the harness of resoldered everything and still no sound. i check the resitance from the back of the connecter to the speaker and its like 29 ohm or something so i guess the wire got cut or something? anyone know if there is a common place for it to get cut? id rather replace 6 in of wire instead of running a whole new set of wires. thanks
Old 05-14-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you talking about the two speakers next to the rear seats (one on each side)? My 99 SS's left side speaker in the sail panel doesn't work at all either.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Teching In

yup thats the one im talking about. i guess im just going to have to run some new wires. they still have power at them its just really low and always fluctuating cuz its a speaker lol