Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch/slave issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question clutch/slave issue

The basic problem im having is not being able to get it in gear. i can shift one gear at high rpm shifts but when i go to shift into the next gear it will not go in. the pedal stays at the floor until i pull it up with my foot. after that, normal driving it engages way down at the floor instead of half way up where it normal does. after one or two shifts of it engaging at the floor, it will go back completely normal again, engaging half up. my fluid is a little murky. not black though. is this slave, clutch, or fluid issue? looking for input or advice on this. thanks in advance
Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM
tx3
Launching!

Try the ranger clutch care.. If that dont work.. Bleed the hydraulics.. If that fails.. Time for a Master cylinder replacement.. Recommending a Tick Adjustable.. If that dont fix it.. Slave cylinder probably needs replacement..

Ranger clutch care link:

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html
Old 05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

I am having the same issues...working on dropping the tranny tonite, did get it pulled out but its really to pretty much fall out. I went big and bought this today,

http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...body/packages/
Old 05-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Launching!

is there a little cheaper kit. i mean a complete clutch kit. its just that i dont have that kind of money but ive been looking at upgrading for a while and this gives me a good reason to. lol.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 AM
tx3
Launching!

You can find an LS7 Clutch kit.. for around 400.. Then a slave cylinder.. not sure on how much.. havent bought one in a while.. and the tick master for 340..
Old 05-14-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The slave is around $100-$125. The Tick master is an awesome piece. I just finished my RST twin install with new slave this morning (already had the Tick) and so far everything works great. As mentioned the LS7 clutch kit is around $500 with the flywheel. You're going to still end up close to $1000 with the LS7, flywheel, new slave, and Tick master. You could always try keeping the stock master but upgrade the clutch and slave to see if that solves your problem. If not you can always add the master later without dropping the trans.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Just drive it easy until you get tha money to do it all or you will be disapointed with the results!!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD
Just drive it easy until you get tha money to do it all or you will be disapointed with the results!!
I agree...start saving, do it right....I didn't wanna fork over that $1200 but I know after tick re-builds my tranny and all parts are in, I'm home free from any of these shady problems, hopefully for a LONG time