Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

vibrations from rear at 80mph plus

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Location: Cold upstate Newyork roads unworthy for a lowerd camaro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibrations from rear at 80mph plus

i have a pretty harsh vibration from the rear of my car at around 80mph and anything above it.. but seems to fade when you get on it hard its still there its just a little less noticeable cant really tell if its noisy my car is to loud especially with no interior. No problems at low speeds or even from a dig. lights the tires threw 3rd no problem. cant understand.. please help me... doesn't feel like a tire balancing issue either....
Old 05-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

step in line with the many other cars that have that exact vibration but have not found any real solution. I my self have been fighting it for the last 4 years with no answers yet. good luck on your adventure
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96z28
step in line with the many other cars that have that exact vibration but have not found any real solution. I my self have been fighting it for the last 4 years with no answers yet. good luck on your adventure
Wow that kinda blows ***** me right up at least you had the decency to say something I feel like I have to be part of a ****** cult to hear from any1 on this forum my car must not be nice enough but I just stomp it not look at it alls it has to do is perform for me haha. Thanks though
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Launching!

I am right there with u buddy i have a vibration starting around 60 and upwards. I think i have narrowed it down to the rack in the front being shot and the tiers all the way around not being balanced in almost 3 years. not to mention my rear end is a ticking time bomb right now and about to blow.

If u find out what yours is let me know and ill have to check mine also just in case.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Just for ***** a giggles are your cars both 6speeds and does this issue happen to autos too... could the drivshafts be twisted a bit I wounder if I change out the drive shaft to a better more balenced shaft if it would help also do people with 12 bolt rear deal with this problem
Old 05-15-2010, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

I changed both my u-joints and cleaned my driveshaft/yolk and it helped quite a bit in mine. Changing the engine mounts to poly helped a lot with high speed vibration as well. Only problem now is I have one about 45-60mph. ****
Old 05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the exact same problem and it was the pinion angle, adjust it to 1.5* and it smoothed right out 100+ mph.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Teching In

really what could have caused this issue the 1inch drop the torque arm i dont get it and do i just use a magnetic angle finder

Quick Reply: vibrations from rear at 80mph plus