LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Who has B&B Triflow exhaust? Are you happy with it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Who has B&B Triflow exhaust? Are you happy with it?

Right now my camaro has the flowmaster 3" single out the rear exhaust with a high flow cat and I like the way it sounds as it is not an 80 series muffler and it doesent really drone plus they say it flows pretty good. Now the problem is that I HATE the single pipe because it reminds me of a v6 LOL. Was looking at the B&B but it's pricy and I don't mind spending the coin if it sounds good but I haven't found too many of them with a high flow cat. I LOVE the magnaflow tips but the cat-back sounds too quiet for me with a cat. HELP!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a friend of mine has one on his camaro and it sounds good. i like it if i had the money i would get one.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

cant comment on the b&b, but do you have any sound clips of your current exhaust? im thinking of going with that single outlet flowmaster. thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TABBED 5.3
cant comment on the b&b, but do you have any sound clips of your current exhaust? im thinking of going with that single outlet flowmaster. thanks.
I will take one for you this weekend if I can, it sounds VERY good, nothing like the dronemaster 80 series it's just the single pipe that bothers me. I wonder if the make a dual out version of that muffler not in the 80 series. I will sell it to you if you want. What do you have?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

They make a single in dual out 40 series but you would have to route the pipe like the early magnaflows and let it loop around behind the muffler to come out on the passenger side of the car.

Ask achotrod about the bb I think he ran one before he went to duals. I think it's pretty restrctive on high power setups.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

B&B makes a damn good looking exhaust, and it sounds good too. But for that money I'd go with GMMG, which IMO sounds the BEST of all catbacks.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

I have a B&B exhaust --it sounds good and looks awesome. the bad: the exhause tips have baffles, which makes it have the sound that you hear, but this restrictst the exhaust more than I would like. the muffler is not quite as free flowing as I would like either (corsa, on my other car flows much better).

these are issues for me, since my car puts out 550rwh, I put cut outs in to make up for those issues.

the exhaust is really pretty though --even the muffler is polished stainless steel (mirror like)!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

That B&B price is nothing but pay for the name. No Way in hell I'd ever spend that kind of money on a bolt on Cat back exhaust for an F-body. Wouldn't give ya but 600 bucks for any F-body exhaust. You could have one custom made for that price with a lot of options on it. Cut outs, X pipe true duals out the back with what ever tip you wanted on it. Hell they could even make it modular for ya.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I used to have the B&B setup on my car when I first built it. It sounded very original, exotic almost in a sense, but was just way too quiet for me under wide open throttle. It was a very quality system, but I ended up selling it and buying a GMMG setup, which I absolutely LOVE. I'll never put another exhaust on the car.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Ok so GMMG it is then, Now to find it. Thanks guys for the honest opinions
Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

vengeance racing is a sponsor on here, their the only place that sells GMMG anymore
Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Thanks I will give em a call
Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

I had the B&B, my car bone stock with that exhaust and a set of worn out nittos went 13.3@103! So It definitely works good on a stock car. Its probably one of the best quality set ups you can buy and looks and sounds great. Now the bad news is when you start making good power it becomes restrictive. After my build was done the car picked up 17rwhp on the dyno with just a cut out.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Launching!

I'm still running the B&B on my '97. Setup is 1-3/4" LT's, ory w/ QTP 3" cut-out and Tri-Flo cat-back. With the cut-out closed sound is excellent, smooth and quiet during normal cruise and a sweet almost exotic sound when you get on it! I've had so many compliments on the kit I couldn't begin to count. As far as any power being sucked up through the system I just handle that by opening the cut-out and have the best of both worlds. I considered GMMG before but it was a bit too noisy with full exhaust for my taste. The B&B is just perfect for me.

Quick Reply: Who has B&B Triflow exhaust? Are you happy with it?