Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New LS1 owner here, first american car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS1 owner here, first american car!

Hi guys, I'm from Los Angeles, CA and I just bought a 2000 Camaro Z28.

So far, I have to say, its been a blast driving this car! Especially since this is my first car with over 300+ horsepower

Originally, my first car was a 1996 Nissan Maxima which stopped working back in February this year. So I've been driving my sisters crappy 1995 Toyota Corolla until I could come up with funds to get another car. 4 cylinders just doesn't cut it.

I was on a limited budget but I found my Camaro on craigslist. It had some dings and needed some minor fixes but the LS1 engine was in excellent condition. So I decided to buy it. Got it for around $3700 though I'll be doing a few repairs within the next two years so total should be over $4000. I still think it was a good buy and don't regret it at all. As a person who loves American muscle and the powerful engines, I'm happy to have this car.

As of now, I'm a college student whose limited on funds since school comes first so fixing up my car is gonna come gradually. I'll body work on the aesthetics first. I'm gonna replace the hood since it has the most dings, thinking of getting a carbon fiber hood. Then the headlights will be replaced and the left fender too since its out of alignment with the body. So hopefully, it will look a little more decent than it does, I'll put up pics of the car as it is now and later after I do fixes. Then I'll concentrate on the engine performance, I'll keep it stock most of the time but I would like it to go a lil' faster

Anyways, thanks for reading my little essay! And happy to finally drive a car worth driving
Old 05-16-2010, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats on the Car!!! Welcome to the site..... just dont spend too much time on here, or the mods/repairs will Soon take priority over school. lol
Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

welcome. Check out the western section, we have lots of support in the area.

you dont need to replace the fender, its easy to get back into alignment. its a result of someone jacking the car up from the wrong place.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Teching In

american cars FTW...Welcome