LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

i failed gotta do it all again. my fans wont go on now!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i failed gotta do it all again. my fans wont go on now!

i failed.

soo mad.

i took everything apart like i was instructed but i couldnt get the timming cover off.

i was so close.

i fuckn quit, i put everything back on.

i had problems getting the coolant on.

finally when i got the coolant back on i ran the car it runs like a champ, i drove it in the freeway and ran good.

but as many knows the lt1 temperature goes up high and then the fan kicks on and drops the temperature.

well now that i have install my fans back on they dont kick on.

im going do the job all again wednesday.

i know how to take everything off.

i just cant and dont know how to take off the big belt thing to the right of the pulley. i can take of the nut in the middle but i just couldnt get it off idk how and thats what got me to quit.

i think its called the camshafy or something like that.

why isnt my fans working now?

how do i take the big circle next to the pulley. it the one thats attach to the timming cover. it has a nut in the middle deep in and it has 3 other screws around through the outside.

help please.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28boycali
i just cant and dont know how to take off the big belt thing to the right of the pulley. i can take of the nut in the middle but i just couldnt get it off idk how and thats what got me to quit.

i think its called the camshafy or something like that.

why isnt my fans working now?

how do i take the big circle next to the pulley. it the one thats attach to the timming cover. it has a nut in the middle deep in and it has 3 other screws around through the outside.

help please.
I think the first thing you are talking about is the belt tensioner and you just put a socket on the nut in the middle and the pully swings out of the way. The camshaft is inside the motor The other big circle thing is the crank pully and you take of the 3 outside bolts and it comes off. What are you trying to do anyway it doesnt say?
Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not trying to be an ******* but if you can't get the belt and tensioner off you should probably leave the timing cover and camshaft alone and hire a mechanic.

Start learning on the small stuff and work your way up.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds to me like hes talking about the Harmonic Balancer. But really you dont sound like you have the knowledge to be digging into a job like this by yourself. Find somebody to give you a hand on this job before you are making a thread about not being able to put everything back together.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by EDS01SS
Sounds to me like hes talking about the Harmonic Balancer. But really you dont sound like you have the knowledge to be digging into a job like this by yourself. Find somebody to give you a hand on this job before you are making a thread about not being able to put everything back together.
x2
Old 05-16-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

This reminds me of that guy boostedpower
Old 05-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Teching In

He posted this exact post over on LS1LT1 and was told the same thing. Must not have liked the answers over there cause here he is!!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn dude just put the tools down, and get some one to help you that has common sense. If you can't even get the belt off forget about changing out anything beyond that point. Get a Haynes manual if you are bound and determined to do it yourself, and fallow it closely. Good luck

Quick Reply: i failed gotta do it all again. my fans wont go on now!