Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Proud to be here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Proud to be here!!!!

Whats up fellow gm heads! I chose to sign up for this site cuz you guys really know your stuff. Im currently working on a 94 camaro. My plans are for t-top conversion (almost done). L33 conversion and a 98-02 frond end conversion(almost done). Would go with a ls1 but don't have money laying around like that so i think the 5.3 is good enought. Im 21 and currently working as a technician at park place mercedes in dallas,tx, so if anybody want to show me a little support my door is welcome. So any tips along this quest to build my block burner will be very heplful.
Questions:
1. Would the 02 ss ecm run my 5.3 without problems?
2. Any special tips when bulding my block?
Old 05-23-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi is your camaro v6 or v8? so you have a 02 ecm that means you have a harness also? an L33 is almost the same as a ls1 just different C.I. and a few things like intake, oil pan, belt accessories ect. At the end you only need the block all internals and heads out of the L33 and the rest has to be ls1 also you will need radiator, hoses, fans, fuel pump, drive shaft, transmission and a gauge cluster or some way to calibrate your cluster! I think you also need a k-member and im probably forgetting a few things