Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Chatter under hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chatter under hard acceleration

Hey guys, i have a 94 Z28. recently whenever i hit it hard in 1st or 2nd the rear end fels like its hoping or chatering and not spining the tires. same if i try to launch. This could be related but often when im crusing ill hit it and the engine wil rev up and sound like its working but the car wont pull, and then it wil kick it. It sems to me like its a driveline problem. someone help! has stock rear-end and gears.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Teching In

should have done some more research earlier. sems like i ned some new LCA's car has about 130k on the body. anyone sugest a good set for 94 z28, stock height. also can anoyone explain why the car wouldnt pull hard under acceleration on certain times and then kick in? Electric maybe. im planning on a dyno tune within the month to get a baseline and fig out how the motor is runing.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's take the problems one at a time. First on the hopping - LCAs are a good bet. If the car is lowered you want to get the LCA relocation brackets. BMR, Spohn, UMI (and others I'm sure I am missing) offer quality solutions so have a look.

On the acceleration, it sounds like a slipping clutch but you would smell that so it could be a misfire, MAF, etc. issue. I might start my cleaning the MAF, and make sure the plugs and wires are good.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Teching In

looks like i have some work to do this weekend. ill let yu guys know whats up. planning a dyno tune in the next few months ill post the #'s and any problems the car has. lets hope its not a mis-fire, or worse. the plugs and wires and distributer are all new so im planning on for the worse

Quick Reply: Chatter under hard acceleration