Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission cooler upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission cooler upgrade?

my ws6 is basically stock with just a lid and a cut out. and is probably going to stay like that. is it necessary for me to upgrade my transmission cooler even if my car is basically stock?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

i would just to help the trans out a little. thats just me thow
Old 05-19-2010, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Cheap investment in getting more life out of the tranny. I would.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:23 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 00TAM6
my ws6 is basically stock with just a lid and a cut out. and is probably going to stay like that. is it necessary for me to upgrade my transmission cooler even if my car is basically stock?
It will not only greatly increase the life of your tranny, it will also perform better, for a longer time.

Here's pics of mine. About $40 and 30 minutes and your done. I drilled holes in the frame and made some metal spacer sleeves so the cooler would stand about 4-5 inches out in front of the condensor. If you zip-tie the cooler right up against the condensor you'll create a hot spot the size of the cooler and you will drastically decrease your radiators ability to cool the coolant...because that hot *** air coming off that hot spot goes right into the radiator. When you run the A/C that hot spot will be much worse. The air going through the condensor is supposed to be ambient outside air temp. You don't really need the spacers, just bolt it to the frame if you want. I just wanted outside ram air from the air dam to go through the cooler and all around it so the hot air coming off the cooler mixes totally with the outside air before it hits the condensor.

Just my way of doing it.

Attached Thumbnails transmission cooler upgrade?-dsc01780.jpg   transmission cooler upgrade?-dsc01781.jpg   transmission cooler upgrade?-dsc01784.jpg   transmission cooler upgrade?-dsc01785.jpg