Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Setup Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Setup Question

first off sorry if this is in the wrong section not sure if it should go here or suspension section

ok well i literally just bought fully adjustable LCA's and panhard bar, and soon i plan on buying SFC's, i was wondering if i should go ahead on buy drag shocks and springs as well or not, i am on a tight budget but i do spend every dollar i make on my car

as far as my car goes i just bought an 8.8 with 3.73's and a th400 with a 4000 stall and im running on M/T ET streets, not the radials the ones with the 2 lines in them

basically with the stuff i have do you think i will have trouble hooking up at the track? if i dont need springs/shocks i would like to save a little money and not buy them

sorry for the novel i just wrote im just clueless
thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump........
Old 05-19-2010, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

You already did the big expenses so why be cheap with the little things! Keep the stock springs and get some drag shocks for the rear at least at first. Summit offers some Comp Engineering 3 way adj. drag shocks that many here are using including myself that are pretty cheap about $42 a piece. Second choice not so expensive could be the Strange adj. drag shocks. I got them for the front. You can contact Eric at Midwest Chassis and he can definitely point you in the right direction. And then of course are the QA1s but you mentioned a tight budget(like me). Seems like you prepping it for drag racing so another choice could be a rear drag sway bar. But that'll cost more!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by conde'strans
You already did the big expenses so why be cheap with the little things! Keep the stock springs and get some drag shocks for the rear at least at first. Summit offers some Comp Engineering 3 way adj. drag shocks that many here are using including myself that are pretty cheap about $42 a piece. Second choice not so expensive could be the Strange adj. drag shocks. I got them for the front. You can contact Eric at Midwest Chassis and he can definitely point you in the right direction. And then of course are the QA1s but you mentioned a tight budget(like me). Seems like you prepping it for drag racing so another choice could be a rear drag sway bar. But that'll cost more!
thanks for all the info and brands thats exactly what i was looking for, and i just read about the rear drag sway bar last night so that might be a birthday present
Old 05-21-2010, 10:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you are definitely at the point of needing good shocks to help control your launch and track handling. the best bang for the buck on a budget is the Strange single adjustable shocks for the front, especially in a A4 car. you can get away with the Comp rear shocks for a while, but when it comes time to be serious then the Strange or AFCO shocks are the only way to go. QA1's are a ok shock, but the quality isn't as good and we actually can sell them a bit cheaper than the QA1s most people offer.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

are shocks up front really that important? i know they help with weight transfer but i thought they werent really crazy important until your doing wheelies
Old 05-21-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MWC is awesome and they have helped me with all my questions.
I just ordered Strange SA shocks & 300# springs for the front, in the rear i'm running Koni 3/4s with a stock spring so we'll see how that works out...

i would assume shocks are prob one of the most important suspension mods we can do to our cars