Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

2.0 60' All Day. Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 03:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2.0 60' All Day. Need Help!

Hey everyone, just looking for some information on suspenion mods. I was looking at BMR and was wondering what everyone thought about them? My 60's are horrible and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to change from my stock suspension and who/manufacturer I should go with? (I only have Eibach Lowering Springs) (That's not helping at all I know that) Thanks.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't understand this Chrome Moly Adjustable Street/Race LCA's? Then there's Tubular LCA's w/ Poly/Rubber Combo Bushings? Then just Chrom Moley Tubular Polyeurethane Bushings? What is this difference between all these? I'm just looking to get SFC, and LCA's both from BMR. Is that a good start? What do other people who know what there talking about recommend because I don't know? Thanks guys
Old 01-12-2004, 06:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the LG arms, aluminum adjustable arms with spherical rod ends. Do not get the BMR arms IMHO. Also, get LCA relocation brackets since you're lowered ( either BMR or LG are fine for the relo brackets ). SFC's, I recommend bolt on SLP, then get them welded in. Bolt on since they are already powder coated. For a great explanation on LCA's, do a search on trackbird from last year. Basically the poly/rubber ( which I had fr a year ) suck for cornering. Also, tires , swaybars and shocks play a big role in suspension. Like a set of Nitto RII's, 35mm/21mm sways and either revalved Bilstein shocks ( to match the Eibach's, available from Sam Strano www.stranoparts.com ) or Koni's, either in SA or DA form.

Now, what I wrote has to do with twisties; autox , road racing or daily driving.

Are you more interested in drag racing? If so, my ideas will be different.

But know this; you can't exactly have the best of both worlds. But even to drop your 60', you can unhook the front sway bar just for at the track, even on a lowered car this helps.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BMR:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=lca
Old 01-12-2004, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya Viper, Thanks for the reply. I've removed my front sway bar. I don't really care about Auto X or anything like that. I just wanna go fast, straight and for the first 60' hook up doing it
Old 01-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Launching!

id go with lg motorsports if u have the money if money is tight the go with bmr.i think lg makes the best suspetion products

Quick Reply: 2.0 60' All Day. Need Help!