What is a good AD/web design making software?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is a good AD/web design making software?

Looking to start some AD's and looking for some Illustration software and was wondering what's a good software to start out with. I've looked into adobe Illustrator, adobe cs5 and cs4. What are the main differences? Also what else is out there for best bang for the buck.

Thanks Jordan
Old 05-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"ADs" as in image advertisements? If you're just looking into designing raster images, get Photoshop. If you're looking into making vector logos, get illustrator. It all depends on what you want to do.

As far as "web design", it depends on what you want to do too. If you want to make a simple 5 page website, then you don't need any software but notepad. You'll need to register a domain with a registrar, like Godaddy, and get some kind of hosting package with them as well. Then you'll need to setup your FTP account to transfer files to your server. If you're wanting to do something more sophisticated than a 5 page website with some server side scripting like PHP, then I'd recommend Dreamweaver.

I'd suggest looking over some tutorials on Youtube. It's not that hard to start out, but like I said, it all depends on what you want to do.

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 05-21-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I guess more like "Still" Ads on a TV or you call it image advertisements. Thats what I need. Something I can input a logo and add works and make it look good. Can Photoshop do all that??

Also would need some type of server to houses these images and have them play on a TV and repeat..

Last edited by KWIKKAR; 05-21-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes Photoshop can do all that. Like local TV stations? I think you need to contact like your local news or cable company for that...
Old 05-21-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

No more like put a TV in a business and run ads on it from a server or something..
Old 05-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Teching In

You can make PowerPoint presentation and set it on a loop on a computer monitor for that matter. You have lots of options.