Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Considering C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering C6Z

I posted about it on another forum but I am really considering going from my GT500 to a C6Z, I have a ton of mods on my GT500, have a cobra jet 4.0l whipple blower, full long tubes, exhaust, tubular k member, tubular a arms, tubular rad support, 9" with locker and 35 spline axles, full adjustable suspension, double adjustable shocks, moly drive shaft, chrome moly cage, new rad and heat exchanger, 160# injectors (being set up for e-85), spec clutch, CCW wheels for the street, bogarts for the track.... car has 14k on it.

The car has the stock blower with a pulley and CAI on it, but its just getting to be too much to handle with the mods to get where I wanna be and not worry about destroying something in my driveline. I wanna see 9's on a street legal car basically with the 6-speed, I have two issues, weight, and my transmission. I have most of the parts still NIB with it even. What do you guys think, would it be worthwhile if I can get a C6Z with ~20k miles for around $41-44k should I go for it? I also need to try and keep the payments around the same as well, $628 a month or less, and I DO have money to put down on it
Old 05-23-2010, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just fyi but greg biffles gt500 ran 9's (9.98 i think) with just a mammoth kenne bell and wheels/tires...put down huge power...six speed
Old 05-24-2010, 06:37 AM
TECH Regular

do itttttttttttttttttttttt....

I havent followed your build all that closely on SteelCityStangs, only because i can't see the pics you post when i'm at work, and i don't get on the net at home much... you most cetainly have a lot of mods done to it, and i know from first hand experience how hard it is to sell a project that you've spent so much time/effort/money on....

drive a z a couple times and see if you'd be happy... i think you would be!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

My other option is converting into an auto and shooting for 8's through it with the 4.0l in a full weight street trim car

Quick Reply: Considering C6Z