Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG Exhaust with SLP Dual Dual Tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG Exhaust with SLP Dual Dual Tips

Has anyone installed a GMMG exhaust with the SLP Dual/Dual Tips. I was about to install them and the SLP tips doen fit over the GMMG exhaust pipe. Any suggestions to get these things on?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get you some borla 3" tips. Only way to get this on is you weld it tip to tip. But its not gona come out as good.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

you could take the tips to a local exhaust shop and have them expanded a little.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Thanks! I'll see if i can get them expanded first...if not I'll have to get other tips.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Teching In

The GMMG tips fit inside the tailpipe of the exhaust. I just looked on their site and it says the tips are 2 3/4 ID slashed cut tips. I looked and couldnt find anything that looks like the SLP dual dual tips that would fit. Has anyone put on this exhaust with different tips. I don't like the tips it came with and I don't like the optional oval tips. I guess i'm picky.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by warior5458
The GMMG tips fit inside the tailpipe of the exhaust. I just looked on their site and it says the tips are 2 3/4 ID slashed cut tips. I looked and couldnt find anything that looks like the SLP dual dual tips that would fit. Has anyone put on this exhaust with different tips. I don't like the tips it came with and I don't like the optional oval tips. I guess i'm picky.
Thats a hard pick, But i have slp tips on mine right now and it doesn't sound deep at all, I mean it sounded real deap without the tips but when I put them on I didn't like it. get your self somethin better, maybe like this or the borla tips, My cousin hard borla exhaust system with the borla 3" tips, It sounded awesome
Attached Thumbnails GMMG Exhaust with SLP Dual Dual Tips-jex-pac31218ss_w.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I bought my SS it had a Flowmaster weld-in installed with these tips. When I put my GMMG on I expanded these slightly to slip over the GMMG tailpipes and welded them into place.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rob69zombie
When I bought my SS it had a Flowmaster weld-in installed with these tips. When I put my GMMG on I expanded these slightly to slip over the GMMG tailpipes and welded them into place.

How did u get the tips expanded. It seems like if I can do that with the slp dual/dual tips they would fit.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
Thats a hard pick, But i have slp tips on mine right now and it doesn't sound deep at all, I mean it sounded real deap without the tips but when I put them on I didn't like it. get your self somethin better, maybe like this or the borla tips, My cousin hard borla exhaust system with the borla 3" tips, It sounded awesome
Do the tips really make that big of a difference in the sound? I have the SLP Loudmouth with the borla XR-1 muffler on it and I like how the tips sit up nice and tight under the bumper....AND they are straight. There are two things I dont like about the exhaust. First, my drivers side tip sticks out about 3/4" out further than the passenger side. (Hard to notice, but it bugs the crap outta me) And a sponser on here that put it on used those squeeze clamps (whater its called) and crimped the tips so they cant be adjusted. 2nd...I lowered my car and the XR1 muffler hangs so low and it seems like it hits the road sometimes.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

warior5458- an exhaust shop can expand them for you. Good luck!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Thanks! they only need to be expanded by a few millimeters. I hope it works.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by warior5458
Do the tips really make that big of a difference in the sound? I have the SLP Loudmouth with the borla XR-1 muffler on it and I like how the tips sit up nice and tight under the bumper....AND they are straight. There are two things I dont like about the exhaust. First, my drivers side tip sticks out about 3/4" out further than the passenger side. (Hard to notice, but it bugs the crap outta me) And a sponser on here that put it on used those squeeze clamps (whater its called) and crimped the tips so they cant be adjusted. 2nd...I lowered my car and the XR1 muffler hangs so low and it seems like it hits the road sometimes.
Well my car sounds good as it is now and looks alot better with the slp tips. But yes it does sound different. Not to much

Quick Reply: GMMG Exhaust with SLP Dual Dual Tips