Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 Swap in my 96 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Ls1 Swap in my 96 WS6

I hope im in the right section. But im about half way through my swap putting the LSWon in a LT car. I have a couple of questions though for anyone who has done this before. The fuel lines off of a Ls1 and LT1 are different. Should i run stainless lines from the fuel lines in the middle of the car adn remove the rubber hoses completely?

Also the plug for the Rear end abs, Fuel pump on a ls1 harness and Lt1 are different. I sold the ls1 parts car with a blown rear end in it and didtn think iw ould need it but the plug is completely different. Any suggestiosn? Thanks. Pictures will be posted soon!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Bump!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the link in my sig for some details
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Teching In

I am using a completel ls1 hareness, interior and engine. Thats where im running into issues.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Bump, Anyone know anything about this?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

I'm currently in the process of LT1 to LSx swap as well.
As for the fuel lines... what I did was take the pressure line off at the LT1 fuel filter in the very rear. For a filter/regulator I used the 'Vette style one. The plastic line that used to connect to the LT1 filter will snap onto the 'Vette one, just have to swap over that retaining clip.

To get to the front I used a Russell Performance adapter for the quick disconnect, it converts the output to a -6 AN. From there I used a 90* fitting and routed my line up the trans tunnel to the fuel rail. I did NOT use stainless braided line, I heard to many people talk about that style of line letting gas fumes escape. So I went with a differnet style. The company is not a sponsor, so apparently I can't post a link to their website.... go figure.

Then to connect to the fuel rail, I used Russell fuel rail adapter # 640850. Then used regular fuel line for the return (cut the meal return line closer to the tank).

As for the wiring, you don't need to re-wire all the way to the back. you just need to send a signal to the relay up front to power the fuel pump. Much easier that way. There are some good threads in here to help.

PM me if you want to know more about the fuel line or any other quesitons.

-Jeremy

Quick Reply: Ls1 Swap in my 96 WS6