Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny Problems?

Ok, i have a 2000 camaro z28, it is a M6. i have done nothing with the tranny what so ever, but here recently now everytime i put it in reverse, it pops out of gear or just grinds. i have to hold it in reverse now and make sure it has like a notch feel and pops fully in gear. if i dont hold it, it will pop back out. sometimes when i floor it, the gears will be real stiff and wont go into 3rd from 2nd. so im basically asking is my tranny starting to be no good, do i need a new one or jus rebuild it? thanks for anyone to help me out.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Possibly the reverse lockout solenoid and try bleeding the clutch also! My buddys does the same thing and bleeding the clutch helped his a little, but didn't solve the problem. His slave cylinde went out and once he replaced that he hasn't had much problem out of it like before.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

I just got done rebuilding my M6 and had the same 2 issues you had. The teeth on the reverse synchronizer were badly tore up and wore down. I flipped that synchro over. Also the plastic pads on all of the shift forks were badly worn and the pads on the 3-4 shift fork were half broken off. This will cause you to miss shifts, pop out of gear, and basically **** you off everytime you drive the car. I ended up doing a complete stage 2 upgrade. I hate to say it, but you may be in the same boat.

Scott
Old 05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^I agree. Same thing happened to mine a few years back.

Quick Reply: Tranny Problems?