Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 wiring harness

I am taking a 5.3 out of a 2006 chevy truck. How much of the harness will I need to send of to get reworked? The harness to the ECM and fuse block is not bad to get to and remove. The DBW and TAC are easy to access also, but the wiring from the fuse block into the dash is insane and hard to remove. Is it even needed? Any advice?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My engine/tranny came with wiring and fusebox, no wires from fusebox to dash. That was all but about 3 or 4 wires that I needed to make harness standalone.

Also, I am not using the truck fusebox. It weighs a ton and is large. I spent about $25 on parts to build a fusebox with needed relays that is small and lightweight.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by neal64ss
My engine/tranny came with wiring and fusebox, no wires from fusebox to dash. That was all but about 3 or 4 wires that I needed to make harness standalone.

Also, I am not using the truck fusebox. It weighs a ton and is large. I spent about $25 on parts to build a fusebox with needed relays that is small and lightweight.
x2^^. I was going to use the stock fuse block but didn't I spent more than $25 bucks though. I think total was around $50.b Here are some pics, mine was also a dbw setup.
Stock fuse block wiring that I ditched...

2 realys and a fuse block.

Quick Reply: 5.3 wiring harness