Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 XJ Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 XJ Cherokee

So, my most recent project is installing a 2006 GTO LS2 into a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. You can see the build here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1033464

Its going really good so far, but I have a quick question. I have got 99% of the wiring figured out, but there are a few things I am unsure of, so I thought I would ask you guys. Obviously, we aren't running the GTO BCM or PIM, which both are linked in the GM LAN bus. So... as for the DLC, will it still work if I hook the tan & tan/black wires from pins 1 and 2 in the C1 connector up to pins 6 and 14 in the DLC? This is what I was thinking anyway... for eaxmple, the bus is wired the same for all cars, but for the man trans cars the bus just doesn't go to the TCM since there isn't one. I am assuming that it will still show powertrain info but it wouldn't have anything such as airbag status etc (which aren't there anyway since its not a GTO).

Also, there are other wires found at pins 14 and 19 that are called out as ignition 1 voltage and ignition 3 voltage. What are these and do I need them for anything?

The only other thing I was wondering about was a connector, it branches off of the TCM harness... Its a white plug??? I took a picture of it on my phone, but I never uploaded it to my computer, I can post it up if you need to see it to identify it. I just need to know if I need to do anything with it or not.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Very cool
Old 05-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Wow that is awesome. Gotta show a friend this with his XJ.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:12 AM
Teching In

Can anybody answer my questions?
Old 05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PIM just converts signals from a switch like Cruise control to a LAN signal that the PCM can understand. As far as the DLC working the loop must be intact to complete the circuit.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Well, yeah, it has to be a complete circuit, but All Data shows the LAN wiring coming out of the computer in the C1 connector and going to the TCM, then to the PIM, then to the DLC. This is simply wrong. The TCM is still intact in out harness and untampered with, which means that the LAN bus travels through the computer. Also, according to All Data, the LAN only flows through the TCM if it is an auto (well Duh! lol). My other thought is that when you buy an aftermarket harness or have the factory one modified by a company such as howell, they give you the DLC and it works without any other modules such as the PIM or BCM...

So, knowing that, one would think that it would still work without those modules as long as there is no break in the circuit (which there isn't b/c it's coming directly from the computer).

Also, the LAN wires are the same colors going into and coming out of every module, and are the same circuit.

My biggest concern at this point is the thing about ignition 1 voltage and ignition 3 voltage b/c I don't know if I need to hook those up to something or not.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:35 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry for not being clear. I just mean the loop as wiriing circuit needs to be complete. if you are not running a TCM or PIM it will be fine. As I said the PIM is for switch signal conversion.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Awesome, just wanted to clarify. Obviously the DLC is very important since that will be needed to tune it, and it will have to have some tuning before it will even run.

Does anybody know about those other 2 wires I mentioned?
Old 05-31-2010, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Ignition 1 voltage is postion one on the switch just mean power on at all times. Ignition 3 is start position. You sure you got that right.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Well, did some testing, and both Ignition 1 and igniton 3 wires have to have power in order for the gas pedal to work. I know that it cant be hot in only the strat posiyion b/c you would have to have the key in start for anything to work.

Quick Reply: LS2 XJ Cherokee