Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What happened

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened

Ok, its been a while since the car was down. I did a head and cam swap along with a bbk intake and tune. I finally took it to the track last night. I ran 4 times and my best was 13.1 @ 112.

Aside from not hooking up with sumotomo rears my clutch seemed to sick everytime I tried to hit 4th. Anyone know what might by causing this? I know the clutch is fine and it has less than 10k miles on it. It stuck every run when from 3rd to 4th. I would pull it out then push it in again to get forth after that it would pull hard the rest of the way.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine did the same thing after my H/C install with 30K miles on the LS6 clutch. Try a new master cylinder. I went with a tick MC as it flows more than a stocker and it's adjustable. Fixed my sticking problem but then the clutch started slipping too. Also if you haven't tried changing out the clutch fluid then now's the time to do that as well. If the fluid is clean and the MC is new then it's likely the stock slave. Sucks because to change it out you need to pull the trans down.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks, I'll check into that.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bmcfadin85
Ok thanks, I'll check into that.
Forgot to mention it but you might want to try the drill mod prior to replacing the master cylinder. Do a search on here for it - basically it opens up a restriction in the clutch fluid line so that more fluid travels to the master cylinder.