Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mock-Up Block Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mock-Up Block Questions

I am looking to do an stroked LQ4/LQ9 W/L92 heads or a stroked L92 in a '72 2wd Blazer. I am want to get a block for mock-up purposes (I plan to use it for mone than one conversion). My question is if I got a 4.8 or 5.3 for little money, will everything be the same? Will headers that fit an L92 bolt to the 4.8/5.3 and be in the same spot? How about the motor mounts? I would also want to mock up the accessories.

Chad
Old 06-02-2010, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i reccomend u find a real 5.7 ls1 block that was damaged. i use one tht threw rod out the side. they are alum. and way lighter than iron block
Old 06-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i thought of an alum block too. So everything will bolt up and be in the right spot on an ls1 or any other ls type block?

Chad
Old 06-02-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exteranlly (for the most parts) all Gen III and IV engine are the same size, engine mount and trans bolt bosses are the same location, etc. With the exception of some sensors and other minor differenect that would not make any different as a Mock up block. you can use the 4.8, 5.3 or 5.7, etc for a mock block without any problems.

You can also do away with some more weight. Just go wild with a cutting wheels and grinders on the inside of the block.. (inner main webs, cyc sleeves, etc). you get some practice time on porting while your at it.

As far as header mock up. they would be in the same location, just minor port shape differents.

BC

Quick Reply: Mock-Up Block Questions