Paypal help/Western Union help - WoW Accts

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paypal help/Western Union help - WoW Accts

I'm selling my WoW account, for a lot of money and I want to make sure I don't get ripped. This kid wants to buy it from me via WU, I've never used it before but it sounds nice as a seller, there are no chargebacks, but he wants my photo ID and I'm sure if he were able to obtain any other info about me would be able to call Blizzard and take my account away...

Paypal within 45 days of purchasing you can dispute and say you never received the goods, or spoof your IP and claim unauthorized access.

This buy/sell scene for WoW and other gaming accounts is filled with little ******** twirps who have no respect for time and money so many people get scammed. But I have been in a few successful transactions. I'm kicking wow, horrible habit I've had the past 3 years but something that can make me a cool couple g's for my work. Any advice would be nice.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok dude my roommate did this like a week ago and go ripped off, the guy sent him money via paypal, and he sent him all the stuff for his wow account, 10 min later the transaction was cancelled through paypal, passwords changed on wow! Completely got screwed! Word of advise, have who ever come or meet somewhere were both of you can log on, and only take cash, I told him this but day late and dollar short. Basically paypal said there is no proof he recieved anything so they cannot do anything for him.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you have the root word he shouldn't be able to change the password. Or at least that's how it used to be.

If he is paying a couple of G's I imagine he will rip you off. I would want cash in hand. I know alot of guys that have been ripped, or stolen their accounts back.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroSS27
Ok dude my roommate did this like a week ago and go ripped off, the guy sent him money via paypal, and he sent him all the stuff for his wow account, 10 min later the transaction was cancelled through paypal, passwords changed on wow! Completely got screwed! Word of advise, have who ever come or meet somewhere were both of you can log on, and only take cash, I told him this but day late and dollar short. Basically paypal said there is no proof he recieved anything so they cannot do anything for him.
see a good defense against that is to mail him the SQ/SA in the mail via fedex, supply paypal the tracking#, and also have him pay u for a "gift" and not a nontangible item.

Supposedly gifts are not refundable, but I dont know if thats true.

Quick Reply: Paypal help/Western Union help - WoW Accts