Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 issues.

I bought my GTO with about 42K on the clock, and I'm having some weird issues when shifting. I brought it back to the dealer almost immediately, and they said they were unable to duplicate. Probably because they didn't want to do anything for free.

1. From a stop. Sometimes will not go into first. At all. Sometimes it takes 3-4 clutchings to get it to engage. Will usually have to start in 2nd, happens whether car is cold or warm.

2. Sometimes, at a light, in neutral, when I put the clutch completely down, and shift to first in anticipation of the light changing, but don't actually step on the gas, I can feel the car inch forward a bit, like the clutch is not grabbing properly?

3. Reverse. Sometimes, maybe 1 in 15 times, when i put it into reverse, (shifter is completely in R) and go to accelerate, it sounds like someone is shaking a box of rocks, and the car doesn't move. Take it out of gear, put it back in, and it backs up fine.

For the 1st and 2nd symptoms, the tech told me, "Make sure the clutch is all the way to the floor."

CN: Whats wrong with my trans/clutch?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

Definately a hydraulic issue with the car.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Teching In

i'd say hydraulics too. don't several people have problems with the reverse gear syncros?

Quick Reply: T56 issues.