LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Window issue....

Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window issue....

Ook, so I have determined my driver power window motor is dead. But I am leaving for a month on monday and my motor won't be in until sometime at the end of next week. My issue is my window is stuck down and I am leaving my car in the parking garage at the condo I live in. It's a nice place but there's a few punk kids who I'm sure will break in if I leave it down for a month. So is there any way to close the window with out removing the motor?

Last edited by JoeyMakesBirdie; 06-03-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

is there a wall you can park really close to so noone can get close enough to the door? i watched what was required to move a window up when the motor was totally dead even after hardwiring it and it didnt look like much less work than removing the motor itself
Old 06-03-2010, 05:54 PM

That's not a bad idea, if there is no other way I will just cover it with some plastic and park as close as I can to the wall.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Usually pulling upward on the glass while throwing the switch is enough to get the glass to go up. When there is current draw on the motor, it is "unlocked" and you should be able to pull the glass up.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Launching!

^^^ x 2. However, if your motor is totally f***ed, and not raising the glass up at all, you're in bad shape. The window motors are riveted into the doors, and will have to be drilled out to remove the regulator, and motor. You would then have to prop up the glass with a block of wood, or something.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dadic 78
^^^ x 2. However, if your motor is totally f***ed, and not raising the glass up at all, you're in bad shape. The window motors are riveted into the doors, and will have to be drilled out to remove the regulator, and motor. You would then have to prop up the glass with a block of wood, or something.
Ya.... I took the panel off had someone press the switch and I pulled up from the bottom of the glass and it wouldn't budge an inch ... So, I guess I'm going to leave it down for another day then drill out the rivets put a block of wood in there to hold it up and call it good till I get home.

Thanks for the help guys, I was hoping there was some ls1tech secret trick lol but I guess I'll hope for better luck next time
Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

get a car cover and park next to a wall?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 PM

That's option 2, if I have the time though I'm just going to drill out the old motor and block the window up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window issue....