Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How are rod LCA's and PHB suposed to feal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question How are rod LCA's and PHB suposed to feal?

Ok I finished installing my G2 LCA's and PHB (both single adj). The install took a long time because all the bolts were heavily rusted. But anyway my question is, exactly how should the car feal after installing these parts? I have read a couple of posts before and some people have said that it may be that I was used to the way it was before and now its just uncomfortable. The first thing i seemed to notice was that wheel hop seemed to be all gone. The second thing i noticed was that the car seemed a little more tail happy in the corners but more predictable and controlable. The final thing noticed was that the steering seemed to be lighter, I know when i put on the G2 sway bars the steering got stiffer, and I dont know if its a illusion because the rear is more tied down or what? Any ideas? (Mitch and Trackbird encouraged to chime in)
Old 01-13-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when switching to rodends from rubber or poly, the car will roll side to side more because you dont have the bind from rubber bushings. if your car was to stiff before, it will seem more predictable now (an overly stiff rear will overstear). Lou @ LGM told me to be ready to up the swaybar in the rear to compensate for the loss of bind in the poly bushings. the reason it's more predictable is rubber adds stiffness, but not in a linear rate. now the increase in roll stiffness is more consistant as the body rolls than before, thus the predictability.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, you will lose some corndering ability, but should have gained launch traction. They won't flex as much as stock and will prevent or lessen wheel hop. You should notice increased road noise due to the lack of rubber or poly to absord vibrations. Great LCA's IMO, just a bit expensive for my tastes.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Ya, you will lose some corndering ability,......
this is not a correct statement. ALL roadrace cars use rodends where rules allow. switching to rodends will allow for more predictable tunning of the rear suspention. you will GAIN cornering ability especially @ higher speeds.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's so unfortunate that so many have gotten used to a plowing, understeering pig that these cars are. We have to literally induce a slide, just to get the car to rotate.

Once the rear is freed up and the car becomes more neutral, if you don't adjust your driving style, the car will seem uncontrollable or
lose some corndering ability

No longer do you have to whip the steering wheel. A nice slow smooth transition and a lot of throttle and the car turns in so sweet. A bigger rear bar (21mm 1LE) does a great job at this.

It doesn't feel as fast, but it definitely is ...
Old 01-14-2004, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Throw in a T2R diff to the equation and it's a WHOLE new car again ( with the rod end LCA's and bigger rear sway bar ). But agreed, the 21mm bar brought it back in line over a 19mm bar.

Quick Reply: How are rod LCA's and PHB suposed to feal?