Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum - 2011 Mustang

View Full Version : 2011 Mustang

gregrob
06-04-2010, 12:34 AM
It's on boys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c62zJ-4Bo48&feature=player_embedded

Prepare for Ford to be workin over some chevy ass for a while.

DiscerningZ32
06-04-2010, 12:54 AM
That's an impressive time.:nod:
M6 or A6?

1BadA$$z28
06-04-2010, 12:57 AM
About time

got-a-ls1
06-04-2010, 01:14 AM
another amazing evolution video. i wanna see what a joe blow mustang runs. not a shop car

itsslow98
06-04-2010, 01:49 AM
^^^ couldnt agree more, best parts, probably a 30 hr tune, a kick ass driver

replace that with bolt in flowmasters, nittos and a guy who THINKS he can drive and were back into a 13 second mustang.

With the right stuff the car runs awesome, but 99.99999% of these cars will never see anything close to a 10.97. I have never seen a mod list on any of EVolutions videos either detailing whats done so who knows what kind of work is done suspension wise too, im willing to bet its a shitty daily driver already.

black_phoenix
06-04-2010, 01:58 AM

replace that with bolt in flowmasters, nittos and a guy who THINKS he can drive and were back into a 13 second mustang.

With the right stuff the car runs awesome, but 99.99999% of these cars will never see anything close to a 10.97. I have never seen a mod list on any of EVolutions videos either detailing whats done so who knows what kind of work is done suspension wise too, im willing to bet its a shitty daily driver already.

finally! Someone with some sense around here...

Pitbull329
06-04-2010, 02:17 AM

YES!!! What this guy said x1019384940.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sticks n Stones
06-04-2010, 02:44 AM
God I can't wait for these things to start becoming common on the streets! <greedily rubbing hands together>

It'llrun
06-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Another Mustang thread.

And here comes more wishful thinking... It is what it is guys... really. I wouldn't expect to see many 13 second 2011GT's on Nitto's, that's for sure. They're capable of mid-high 12's completely stock... oh well.

gregrob
06-04-2010, 02:59 AM
That's an impressive time.:nod:
M6 or A6?

Just watch the video, it's obviously a stick car...

another amazing evolution video. i wanna see what a joe blow mustang runs. not a shop car

finally! Someone with some sense around here...

YES!!! What this guy said x1019384940.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

While I partly agree, what you guys are FAILING to realize. Is that a lt1, ls1, ls2, ls3 in a STOCK car, and a STOCK longblock would never even come close to this.

Not in a million years.

That car has BOLT ONS... That's it! and its knocking down 10's.

It's not a gutted tin can either, sure they did some weight reduction but nothing like some of the "bolt on record" chasers in the F body world.

You put that engine in a 2800lb car, braked auto, big stall, big gear and see what happens. It's gonna go mid / low 10's.

I dont care how much us chevy fans want to deny it, that's damn impressive.

This engine is a bad mother fucker. We will just have to see if it holds up. If it does I will own one some day.

Would I get rid of my F body for one? No, but how badass would it be to have a fast camaro AND a fast mustang? I dont care what the badge on the front says, when I see something run this well, I have to give respect....

Here's just a little more food for thought on the new 5.0L

1. 4-bolt nodular iron main caps with 2 side bolts (Basically a 6-bolt main like an LSx motor)
2. Forged crankshaft
3. Piston squirters to cool the pistons
4. crossover coolant passage re-routed through the block instead of the intake to cool the intake better.
5. Forged powdered metal rods
6. hypereutectic pistons
7. The base 5.0 cylinder heads outflow the GT500 heads by 4 percent
8. From 3750rpm-6500rpm the motor is over 100% volumetric efficiency. At peak torque it is at 110 percent.
9. 8-quart oil capacity with a built in windage tray.

gregrob
06-04-2010, 03:01 AM
And as far as your comments on what the "joe blows" mustangs run. That's already been tested too. 12.70's on street tires and 12.50's on slicks.

as delivered right down to the paper filter.

It's easy to see how you could have an EASY 11 sec car with bolt ons, tune, and drag wheels.

Quite the weekend warrior

itsslow98
06-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Just watch the video, it's obviously a stick car...

While I partly agree, what you guys are FAILING to realize. Is that a lt1, ls1, ls2, ls3 in a STOCK car, and a STOCK longblock would never even come close to this.

Not in a million years.

That car has BOLT ONS... That's it! and its knocking down 10's.

It's not a gutted tin can either, sure they did some weight reduction but nothing like some of the "bolt on record" chasers in the F body world.

You put that engine in a 2800lb car, braked auto, big stall, big gear and see what happens. It's gonna go mid / low 10's.

I dont care how much us chevy fans want to deny it, that's damn impressive.

This engine is a bad mother fucker. We will just have to see if it holds up. If it does I will own one some day.

Would I get rid of my F body for one? No, but how badass would it be to have a fast camaro AND a fast mustang? I dont care what the badge on the front says, when I see something run this well, I have to give respect....

Here's just a little more food for thought on the new 5.0L

1. 4-bolt nodular iron main caps with 2 side bolts (Basically a 6-bolt main like an LSx motor)
2. Forged crankshaft
3. Piston squirters to cool the pistons
4. crossover coolant passage re-routed through the block instead of the intake to cool the intake better.
5. Forged powdered metal rods
6. hypereutectic pistons
7. The base 5.0 cylinder heads outflow the GT500 heads by 4 percent
8. From 3750rpm-6500rpm the motor is over 100% volumetric efficiency. At peak torque it is at 110 percent.
9. 8-quart oil capacity with a built in windage tray.

We know the stock clutch gave out during the first two track outings.

And it REALLY wouldnt be badass at all to have a fast camaro and fast mustang(if there is such a thing)

gregrob
06-04-2010, 03:52 AM

And it REALLY wouldnt be badass at all to have a fast camaro and fast mustang(if there is such a thing)

Whats your point about the clutch? That it obviously makes enough power with bolt ons to destroy a stock clutch? I agree.

Yes it would.

SD_Silverbeast
06-04-2010, 03:56 AM
I was about to say....Clutch much? haha

GotHemi?
06-04-2010, 04:08 AM

Best parts? The cars has little to NO aftermarket, so how can it have the "best parts". C&L just came out with the first CAI for the damn thing. It has upper/lower control arms,tuned,cai,2 step,clutch,skinnies/slicks, and some weight reduction AKA a stock BOLT ON CAR. And its running a 10.97 naturally aspirated!!

I agree the average joe blow off the street wont run a 10.97 but give Joe these same exact mods and put the weight back in the car and I bet you will see Joe run 11.20-11.50's all damn day which is still crazy impressive! WAY faster than ANY Gen5 Camaro or Late model HEMI with similiar mods!!

GotHemi?
06-04-2010, 04:11 AM

:huh: Lost me on this one....

402GOAT
06-04-2010, 04:20 AM
So how many different threads is this video going to be in. Look around a bit before you post jackass.

gregrob
06-04-2010, 04:22 AM
EAD jackass. Excuse me your heiness but if you've already seen this video feel free to move on without running your smart mouth.

I have seen the nitrous videos of this car but this is the first N/A 10 sec one I've seen.

Get a life

GotHemi?
06-04-2010, 04:29 AM
So how many different threads is this video going to be in. Look around a bit before you post jackass.

This video has been out for a day or so. Like the OP just said, this isnt the same as the other vids which were on nitrous. I have been searching for it on here and havent came across it yet until this thread. I wanted to post it as soon as it dropped, but I didnt want to hear all the bitchassness and :cry: :cry: :cry: from people like you.

402GOAT
06-04-2010, 04:30 AM
EAD jackass. Excuse me your heiness but if you've already seen this video feel free to move on without running your smart mouth.

I have seen the nitrous videos of this car but this is the first N/A 10 sec one I've seen.

Get a life

Ahhh. I liked your first response better. What made ya change it cry baby.
Find some vids of a real car. Not a shops chopped up racecar that has things done no one will ever know about jackoff.

Sticks n Stones
06-04-2010, 04:31 AM
How about no more threads unless the thread OP either raced against one (on the street, hence "Street-Racing-Kill-Stories" forum name) or owns one himself??

IZRED
06-04-2010, 04:48 AM
I think the 2011 GT 5.0 is very impresssive and I don't like Ford or Mustangs.

gregrob
06-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Ahhh. I liked your first response better. What made ya change it cry baby.
Find some vids of a real car. Not a shops chopped up racecar that has things done no one will ever know about jackoff.

Weak.

itsslow98
06-04-2010, 05:04 AM
I concur race vid or put them in the multimedia exchange thread, im already tired of the 2011 Gt and i havent even seen one in person. The bench raising and leghumpers are annoying as hell.

Not to mention ive heard a few things about Evolution and its not exactly good things. AKA forged dyno slips and other things.

dgr00s
06-04-2010, 07:08 AM
people always like to compare the fastest time their particular model car has run vs the slowest of another.

fiveoh
06-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Best parts? The cars has little to NO aftermarket, so how can it have the "best parts". C&L just came out with the first CAI for the damn thing. It has upper/lower control arms,tuned,cai,2 step,clutch,skinnies/slicks, and some weight reduction AKA a stock BOLT ON CAR. And its running a 10.97 naturally aspirated!!

I agree the average joe blow off the street wont run a 10.97 but give Joe these same exact mods and put the weight back in the car and I bet you will see Joe run 11.20-11.50's all damn day which is still crazy impressive! WAY faster than ANY Gen5 Camaro or Late model HEMI with similiar mods!!

On the video it says they offer LT headers for 2011 mustangs.... so they probably have those on this car. Also if you notice in the 10 sec run there are no mufflers on the car. I'm betting there is some pretty extensive weight reduction done. They wont say exactly what it weights or what is done.... makes you wonder.

JayplaySS2
06-04-2010, 08:04 AM
What is so hard about posting this crap in the correct section - Bench for this obviously.

We have 2011 shop cars running 10's and then we have the average guy getting beat by a high mile stock LS1.

I do still love the 11GT though. Trying to afford the 11GT500 actually

snake95
06-04-2010, 08:07 AM
I wish I could find the thread, I don't remember the title, but some of the veteran members on here should realize that no matter what a GM based site (mainly Camaro based, nonetheless) is not going to be high-fiving the Mustang lovers and giving credit on the new badass 5.0...it's just the nature of the sport. Were the Stang guys happy for the GM crowd in 98 when they put the LS in an F-body? Fuck no they weren't, but in the back of their mind they knew it was a fast nice car, and had respect for it. I just think the people who are badmouthing the 5.0 really do respect it, but like all things, the hype (even though justified) has given them a bad taste in their mouth, very similar feeling to what I had when I noticed all the LS's on the road (only made me spend more $ modding my car, mother#$#&@^!!!). It's a bitter sweet thing, yeah the Stang rips but don't expect a pat on the back from a GM guy, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all, the only time it gets pitiful is when comments are made about it being slow or how people wanna compare F-bodies and Stangs during the 98-now era. Both cars have gone back and forth all throughout history. I say we just be happy there's some badass American muscle on the roads now :D

Ke^in
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Another Mustang thread.

And here comes more wishful thinking... It is what it is guys... really. I wouldn't expect to see many 13 second 2011GT's on Nitto's, that's for sure. They're capable of mid-high 12's completely stock... oh well.

No no no they will all be running 13s just like the 3v before them. Even if it does have over 100hp.

1QWIKZ
06-04-2010, 01:02 PM
i would rather replace a weak clutch than a weak ass rearend.....

1SLwLS1
06-04-2010, 01:56 PM
We have both :cry:

2v-in-12's
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Not to mention ive heard a few things about Evolution and its not exactly good things. AKA forged dyno slips and other things.

I bet they had to pay the timekeeper loads for him to change his time from 13.20 to 10.97:eyes:

1BadA$$z28
06-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Powers not always everything that matters IMO. A ford will ALWAYS be a ford, and a Chevy will ALWAYS be a chevy.

Just curious, anyone know any sticker prices for the 2011 gt?

It'llrun
06-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Powers not always everything that matters IMO. A ford will ALWAYS be a ford, and a Chevy will ALWAYS be a chevy.

Just curious, anyone know any sticker prices for the 2011 gt?It depends. They start a bit less than Camaro, but cost more on the high end, which contains no Camaro. A GT Premium with options can be more expensive than an optioned SS, and the convertible... Well, it's a convertible.

You can find actual MSRP's quickly enough though, just checking the manufacturers websites.

LS1powered09
06-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I took one for a test drive last week just to see how quick it is after reading so much good things about them, i have owned an 06 GT and i'll tell you this 5.0 stang felt soooo slow and heavy compared to my C5 Z06. Im sure with some mods on it could wake it up a bit. just my 2 cents.

Sarge_13
06-05-2010, 07:26 PM
. Trying to afford the 11GT500 actually
I saw a fully loaded '11 GT500 today at the dealer. Nav and everything else....stickered for 55k. Badass car, just a little too much $$ for my tastes. Looked AMAZING though in the bright red and white stripes. :drool:

Just curious, anyone know any sticker prices for the 2011 gt?

They start at 29,995MSRP

unit213
06-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I saw a fully loaded '11 GT500 today at the dealer. Nav and everything else....stickered for 55k. Badass car, just a little too much $$ for my tastes. Looked AMAZING though in the bright red and white stripes. :drool:

Too bad I need a car that can handle rough Michigan winters. I'd have a C6 or a
'11 GT500 right not instead of the MKS, which stickered at $57K (I think...details, details :rolleyes: :D ).

The Manalishi
06-05-2010, 11:33 PM
I saw a 11 GT500 and a 11 5.0 GT today. Nice rides for sure. Hell even the rearend is beginning to grow on me, I hated it at first. On a side note I no longer have my 01 TA but I did pick up a 2008 F250 Lariat. Its a crew cab short box 4x4, its a diesel with the 5 speed auto. I refuse to pay what they want for the new ones, 60k for a truck is a bit excessive to me. I like it plus it gets pretty damn good mileage for a truck. The damn thing would climb a tree if I could strap it to it. Tons of torque. I am thinking about the usual diesel mods as well to get some more.

It'llrun
06-06-2010, 01:47 AM
I took one for a test drive last week just to see how quick it is after reading so much good things about them, i have owned an 06 GT and i'll tell you this 5.0 stang felt soooo slow and heavy compared to my C5 Z06. Im sure with some mods on it could wake it up a bit. just my 2 cents.Idonno how it felt, but it ran within like 1/2 second of the C6Z at VIR in testing. Not saying I'd pick it over the Z, but it ain't slow. It really should feel heavy compared to a C5, because it weighs some 800 lb more. Some magazine test managed a 12.2 on the 1/4 as well. Thing is, the price, while well under that of a new C6Z, is still way, way up there. Fully optioned, it will be slower, but you can build one on Fords website and reach nearly 60K. Also, while I think the GT500 looks awesome, I can't say it gives me that C6 smile.

Sarge_13
06-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Too bad I need a car that can handle rough Michigan winters. I'd have a C6 or a
'11 GT500 right not instead of the MKS, which stickered at $57K (I think...details, details :rolleyes: :D ).

I remember you saying something about moving down to TX a while back......when's that gonna happen?

02 wife
06-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I bet they had to pay the timekeeper loads for him to change his time from 13.20 to 10.97:eyes:

I wish I could get your ass at a track and I'll show you how slow your car is!

unit213
06-06-2010, 08:42 AM

Seriously, enough. That's your last warning.

unit213
06-06-2010, 08:43 AM
I remember you saying something about moving down to TX a while back......when's that gonna happen?

It's not. I had a potential career opportunity out there that didn't quite work out.

mannyman84
06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
impressive numbers but i still dont like the mustang

It'llrun
06-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I wish I could get your ass at a track and I'll show you how slow your car is!Pffft... What an argument... What do you say to those of us with a faster car? "I'm calling my friend!" :(

Seriously, enough. That's your last warning.Sorry... Couldn't help but respond...:burn:

itsslow98
06-06-2010, 10:32 PM
i would rather replace a weak clutch than a weak ass rearend.....

factory clutch and rear hear, thanks though. maybe do a little more research then jumping on the newb bandwagon thinking that EVERY V has blown a diff. :judge:

1QWIKZ
06-12-2010, 09:36 PM
factory clutch and rear hear, thanks though. maybe do a little more research then jumping on the newb bandwagon thinking that EVERY V has blown a diff. :judge:you must not run your car often....:engarde:

F8L BYT
06-13-2010, 03:42 AM

Don't be a hypocrite

Ke^in
06-13-2010, 05:20 AM
F8L BYT if your car runs high 13s I'm a Unkey's Muncle. :lol:

02 wife
06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Don't be a hypocrite

I made that comment because of of previous posts by 2v in 12's. I was off topic for this forum. By the way the only 2011 mustang gt I seen run at the track was a 6 speed that ran 13.2 and a 13.4 the trap speed was 110 mph.

Ke^in
06-13-2010, 05:17 PM
02 are you still not able to admit that you were wrong? :/

02 wife
06-13-2010, 05:32 PM
02 are you still not able to admit that you were wrong? :/

I'm not wrong. I said bone stock 11' 5.0 would not run 12's on street tires at most tracks. I saw one run low 13's. Even the livernois video that shows the 2011 gt vs 2010 camaro at milan, the mustang ran low 13's. If you put drag radials on one it should get in the 12's. I discounted all those videos put out by the tuner shops because they are selling a product. The new mustang is impressive but in the hands of the average joe it will be barely faster than the 2010 gt!

Ke^in
06-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Um.. the 2011 GT is a 12 second car. You realize that right? Without drag radials.

02 wife
06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Um.. the 2011 GT is a 12 second car. You realize that right? Without drag radials.

I said at most tracks it will not run 12's out the box. There are some tracks that have excellent track prep that will produce good 60fts so 12's are possible. But most are not! A seasoned racer with a new 5.0 will get good results but most people that get them wont be. They will expect to run 12's with no mods and they will be dissapointed. I would say the same thing about a 2010 Z06 they should run mid 11's but it will only go a fast as the owner can get it.

StreetSilverado
06-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Bad ass run for sure, won't hang with me though :P

What kind of weight reduction was done to it on that pass to pick up from 11.25 to 10.97?

Ke^in
06-13-2010, 07:56 PM
That's a bad-assed car you got there Street.

StreetSilverado
06-13-2010, 08:01 PM
That's a bad-assed car you got there Street.

Thanks!

Still having problems ever since I went to this damn TH400 though :bang:

Irunelevens
06-13-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm not wrong. I said bone stock 11' 5.0 would not run 12's on street tires at most tracks. I saw one run low 13's. Even the livernois video that shows the 2011 gt vs 2010 camaro at milan, the mustang ran low 13's. If you put drag radials on one it should get in the 12's. I discounted all those videos put out by the tuner shops because they are selling a product. The new mustang is impressive but in the hands of the average joe it will be barely faster than the 2010 gt!

I said at most tracks it will not run 12's out the box. There are some tracks that have excellent track prep that will produce good 60fts so 12's are possible. But most are not! A seasoned racer with a new 5.0 will get good results but most people that get them wont be. They will expect to run 12's with no mods and they will be dissapointed. I would say the same thing about a 2010 Z06 they should run mid 11's but it will only go a fast as the owner can get it.
Dude, you're a toolbag... if you think a car with ~100hp more than the previous year and a MINIMAL weight gain and better gearing isn't gonna run much faster, you're off your rocker. I could probably hop in a stock '11 GT on a decent day at a decent track, take ~5-10 passes, and run in the 12s. And I'm far from a professional.

ZERO
06-13-2010, 10:35 PM
you must not run your car often....:engarde:

:werd: ls1 rearends are pos and mostly everyone on tech knows it... I have broken two myself with nothing but nittos and a 3600 vig.

ss1129
06-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Dude, you're a toolbag... if you think a car with ~100hp more than the previous year and a MINIMAL weight gain and better gearing isn't gonna run much faster, you're off your rocker. I could probably hop in a stock '11 GT on a decent day at a decent track, take ~5-10 passes, and run in the 12s. And I'm far from a professional.

Go rent one. Let us know.

StreetSilverado
06-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Go rent one. Let us know.

Better yet....someone buy me one. I need a daily driver :punch:

It'llrun
06-14-2010, 01:09 AM
By the way the only 2011 mustang gt I seen run at the track was a 6 speed that ran 13.2 and a 13.4 the trap speed was 110 mph.Pssst... All the 2011 GT's anyone has seen run were 6spds... They all get 6spd transmissions. :D I think that goes for V6 models as well, which could've been what you saw, although it would've been modified.

Ke^in
06-14-2010, 04:12 AM
And we've all seen the mid 13 second times that people ran with the 5th gens when they came out too. Does that mean the 5th gen can't do 12s consistently? Nope.

02 wife
06-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Pssst... All the 2011 GT's anyone has seen run were 6spds... They all get 6spd transmissions. :D I think that goes for V6 models as well, which could've been what you saw, although it would've been modified.

No it was a 5.0 not a v6.

Ke^in
06-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Regardless, the new 5.0 is a 12 second car. STOCK

viper,redZ
06-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Saw a vert saturday night m6 3 passes 13.8,13.3 and 13.9 first 2 passes 106 mph last pass was 105 . It was 94 degrees still pretty nice times . My wife went 13.1 @ 106 same night in her a6 ss airraid cai intake so it was not stock .

Ke^in
06-14-2010, 10:37 AM
If I ran those times on a 5.0, vert or not I'd give it back. 13.8 13.9? Those are 2v times.

02 wife
06-14-2010, 12:27 PM
If I ran those times on a 5.0, vert or not I'd give it back. 13.8 13.9? Those are 2v times.

The heat plays a role, and also the drivers skill level. I'm sure in a less humid situation that 5.0 vert will have gone faster. Track prep is also a factor.

viper,redZ
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
most people were off .3 and 3mph . Here in louisiana good weather is hard to come by . Still a fast car but with normal people driving them its a good match up .imo