Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock Slalom Speed and modified

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Slalom Speed and modified

I read some mags and they claim the stock Camaro SS to have a slalom speed of 64-65.

Now what would a modified Camaro have? I know the modifications are different, but a full setup suspension. With a 35mm front swaybar, SFCs, LCAs, 25mm rear bar, stiffer springs and shocks. What would be a good ballpark figure?

And trackbird, what do you think the slalom speed of your car is?

I know the slalom speed is not totally indicative of a cars handling, but its a very good measure. I need to know for comparison's sake.

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Not really a question with a solid answer...... Slalom speed depends first and foremost on how big the slalom spacing is. Obviously you can go a lot faster with 100 foot spacing than 50 foot cone spacing.

The biggest boon to slalom speed is shocks first, bigger front swaybar second. I wouldn't want that big a rear bar on the car for slalom, note that none of us who autocross (which includes slaloms) run a bar that large. Springs really don't matter much at all. Shocks are the key, they are what control transistion rate and transitional response.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlackZ28
Now what would a modified Camaro have? I know the modifications are different, but a full setup suspension. With a 35mm front swaybar, SFCs, LCAs, 25mm rear bar, stiffer springs and shocks. What would be a good ballpark figure?

And trackbird, what do you think the slalom speed of your car is?

I know the slalom speed is not totally indicative of a cars handling, but its a very good measure. I need to know for comparison's sake.

Thanks.

Before or after I spin it? I've never tried a measured slalom in my car, but I can tell you that I run them during autocrosses and some days are better than others...

That is nearly my car in your description....