Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Shifting problems Need Help !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Shifting problems Need Help !!!!

First off i have the sticky clutch and im ording all new parts for it soon (Monster Stage 2 Setup With all new stuff from Tick) but now its not wanting to go into reverse is my T56 about to give up on me or is it all in the clutch ? It dosent pop out of gear shifts ok under light throttle, shifter is good and tight while in gears no play, Idk i hope its all in the Clutch or master or slave because im replacing them soon. Just wondering why its not going into reverse good

Thanks 2 anyone with info
Old 06-05-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my OEM clutch was going out on me fast, I had trouble going into reverse, 1st, and 2nd. My slave cylinder went bad which caused most of my listed issues. I had it torn down and looked at the clutch and it definitely wasn't helping any that thing was TOAST. When I called shops in my area and explained the problem 2 of them said it has to be your trans and not your clutch. The one shop that said its your clutch not your trans got my business. I had all my clutch components replaced including hydraulics and has not been an issue ever since. Sorry for the long story but in short replace that clutch and problem solved.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Hey man i dont mind a long story Thank u for your input, I was hoping it would be the clutch and hydraulics because thats what im about to buy. I cant wait till it shifts and performs like it should

Thanks