General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Knocking!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Knocking!!!!

Right now under acceleration I get a loud knocking. It soundedlike a tranny mount but I replaced it a few months back. I jacked the car up to check it and everything looked ok and all the bolts were tightened. Is this probably the trans mount or could the u joints be bad?

One more thing, before replacing my carrier, ring and pinion, and all the enternal bearings and seals I took my axles out to replace the outtr bearings, ever since then my ABS inop and brake light are on. I switched to a different size tire but it was months before the lights came on. Thank you forall your help!!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't think it's the tranny mount as you've just replaced it. Look at your U-joints.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ffrh911
Right now under acceleration I get a loud knocking. It soundedlike a tranny mount but I replaced it a few months back. I jacked the car up to check it and everything looked ok and all the bolts were tightened. Is this probably the trans mount or could the u joints be bad?

One more thing, before replacing my carrier, ring and pinion, and all the enternal bearings and seals I took my axles out to replace the outtr bearings, ever since then my ABS inop and brake light are on. I switched to a different size tire but it was months before the lights came on. Thank you forall your help!!!!!
You mean something is banging into something.....or like marbles being shak'in in a metal coffee can in the engine compartment? Detonation.....????

Or is the knocking sound clearly under the car and NOT in the engine compartment?