LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ongoing problem need some help!!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ongoing problem need some help!!

Heres the problem, i have a 93 z28 with cam and head work and other mods, it is either my fuel pressure or somethign because its starting to break up bad once i get on it, i have a tune on it from pcmforless. However, the strange thing is last summer it ran fine and even though it wasnt driven much this year i still took it out when i was home from school. Heres the thing, i can see a spark coming from the spark plug wire that connects to the coil assembly but its coming from the optispark end, additionally it tried messing around with the fuel pressure and it started to help a little bit, til i hit detonation when it turned it up a little bit around 5000rpm. i am trying one more thing, going to put electrical tape around the straight end of the wire on the boot that connects to the opti to see if its the wire or the opti, but thats all i got, any help would be great. thanks
Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 93z28CamaroRed
Heres the thing, i can see a spark coming from the spark plug wire that connects to the coil assembly but its coming from the optispark end
I'd say you already answered your question. There might be something else involved, but you gotta fix the obvious **** before you'll know.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Teching In

yeah, i put electrical tape around the boot of the plug wire and no more spark, so im replacing the wires and spark plugs cuz my tr55's make my car run like ****, well see if this fixes it, any suggestions on plugs and wires anyone?? thanks guys
Old 06-06-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

I doubt it's the TR-55's making your car run bad. The arcing plug wire absolutely will. Electrical tape is a non-fix, as it's not rated for anywhere near the voltage your plug wires carry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ongoing problem need some help!!