GM recall Get $100

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM recall Get $100

Just saw this and thought it might be worth posting.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/GM-rec...&asset=&ccode=
Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

interesting, i have been receiving notices for 2 years about a recall to add a fused link to it and well i finally within the last two weeks took it in and not they want me to bring it back to remove it.

let the bitch burn i have insurance.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Just called the dealership up... looks like I will be getting 100$ next monday
Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Nothing better than free money.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

How does it look?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Our 07 Avalanche has that recall, putting up with a dealership isn't worth a $100 to me. They will waste at least $200 of my time in the process.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bills02raptor
Our 07 Avalanche has that recall, putting up with a dealership isn't worth a $100 to me. They will waste at least $200 of my time in the process.
ill tell you what, ill go pick your vehicle up from wherever you need me too take it to the dealer get the job done and drop it back off wherever you need me to if i can keep the cash... just an option, the other one is your car catching fire.... just saying. lol
Old 06-09-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i cant get to the site for some reason, whats it say?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:28 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pheer
i cant get to the site for some reason, whats it say?
On Tuesday June 8, 2010, 12:38 pm EDT
DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Co on Tuesday announced a recall of about 1.5 million trucks, crossovers and cars from model years 2006-2009 because the unit that heats the windshield washer fluid could catch fire.

Jeff Boyer, GM director for safety, said GM will remove the unit that heats washer fluid, because the supplier who made the module has stopped manufacturing, leaving no chance to design an improved unit.

GM will pay each customer $100 when the heated fluid module is removed at dealerships, Boyer said. The washer is a feature to allow larger vehicles to better eliminate ice and snow on windshields.

The models involved include the 2007-2009 model year Chevrolet Silverado 3500 pickup truck, Avalanche, Suburban and Tahoe; Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT; GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL; and the Saturn Outlook.

The recall also covers the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse, the 2008-2009 Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS, and the 2006-2009 Buick Lucerne, Cadillac DTS and Hummer H2.

GM in 2009 dropped the Hummer and Saturn brands as part of its post-bankruptcy restructuring.

A GM spokesman said the removal of the module will take a mechanic about 20 minutes, at a cost GM did not estimate.

The payouts to consumers would total about $150 million if all 1.5 million customers collect the $100 payment for loss of the heated washer feature.

In addition to the 1.365 million vehicles recalled in the United States, about 98,800 vehicles will be recalled in Canada, about 26,250 in Mexico and 38,100 elsewhere, GM said.

The heated washer system was recalled in August 2008 because of a short circuit. Dealers installed a fuse in the module wiring to fix the problem, GM said.

In June 2009, GM discovered a new failure in the system. The failure caused smoke. Since then, it has received five reports of the system causing a fire.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

, who gets to take it back when they screw it up and have to redo it later when the "part" comes in. Or when the appointment you setup won't work or wasn't written down or the mechanic quit or or. Yes I really don't like dealerships, all of them not just GM. Our Avalanche was in the shop for over 3 weeks for a valve cover recall, came out with a gouged to the metal front fender. No rental, no nothing just a big pile of "not our problem".

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
ill tell you what, ill go pick your vehicle up from wherever you need me too take it to the dealer get the job done and drop it back off wherever you need me to if i can keep the cash... just an option, the other one is your car catching fire.... just saying. lol
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

, who gets to take it back when they screw it up and have to redo it later when the "part" comes in. Or when the appointment you setup won't work or wasn't written down or the mechanic quit or or. Yes I really don't like dealerships, all of them not just GM. Our Avalanche was in the shop for over 3 weeks for a valve cover recall, came out with a gouged to the metal front fender. No rental, no nothing just a big pile of "not our problem".
sounds like you shouldnt go to that dealership anymore, i know if a customer of ours was in that situation we would have done what it takes to make it right, we have people in rent cars for a couple of weeks all the time. and as far as the fender being messed up, which it has happened, the body shop would fix it and take care of it...sounds like there may be more to the story, i cant believe a dealership would treat a customer that way.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

More to the story lol, psychic?

Originally Posted by 1_fast_gto
sounds like you shouldnt go to that dealership anymore, i know if a customer of ours was in that situation we would have done what it takes to make it right, we have people in rent cars for a couple of weeks all the time. and as far as the fender being messed up, which it has happened, the body shop would fix it and take care of it...sounds like there may be more to the story, i cant believe a dealership would treat a customer that way.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

It's estimated to take 20 minutes for the whole process of uninstalling the heater. 100 bucks in 20 minutes sound great to this college student!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dont worry the dealer i take it to takes care of it's customers to my past expierence with warranty ****... ill take care of it trust me! i mean do you want your car to really catch fire??? lol BUUUT i did have a bad expierence with their body shop service manager, long story short there was over spray all over my truck and he blamed it on atmospheric particles that are based near rail road tracks (bs) one letter to gm and that problem was solved in days... so if i ever have a prob like that again i wont hesitate to go to higher management!

Originally Posted by wild thing
It's estimated to take 20 minutes for the whole process of uninstalling the heater. 100 bucks in 20 minutes sound great to this college student!
you nailed that on the head!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Atleast down here I dont need the heated washer fluid. If I was in Ohio still and removing it was their "fix" I might be kinda pissed.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by QuickSilver
Atleast down here I dont need the heated washer fluid. If I was in Ohio still and removing it was their "fix" I might be kinda pissed.
Yea me too, I don't think mine worked in the first place lol. I remember last year when it was cold as hell outside my fluid was frozen so I guess the "heater" was faulty from the get go.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

More to the story lol, psychic?
yeah, ya know. there is two sides to every story, like there MAY BE something your not saying that the dealership would say that you didn't, just saying lol
Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just called to set up an appointment and Gunn in SA said we need a letter from GM... WTF?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1_fast_gto
yeah, ya know. there is two sides to every story, like there MAY BE something your not saying that the dealership would say that you didn't, just saying lol
As you are "in the know" give GM corporate a call and see if they will give you my complaint that was filed, not that you need any info apparently.

There is even more to the story that I didn't say, yes, and it would make you wonder why I didn't get legal help.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=bills02raptor;13449516]As you are "in the know" give GM corporate a call and see if they will give you my complaint that was filed, not that you need any info apparently.

There is even more to the story that I didn't say, yes, and it would make you wonder why I didn't get legal help.[/QUOT]

whoa dude man, chill out. i don't need to call GM corporate, i was just stating that there had to be more to the story as to why you weren't given a rent car. your right if it was that bad, you should have gotten legal help.