Selling item on craigslist, got the scammer reply!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Selling item on craigslist, got the scammer reply!

Hello,

Thanks for the response... I'm okay with the condition and price of the item and ready for its purchase. My form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day air delivery.

I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the movers fee will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up at your location after check has been cashed as I have other properties to be moved alongside the item.

And secondly , Kindly delete the posting as am definitely buying it from you and it would be sad for me to have the payment in the mail only to be informed of the its sale.I will also wait for you to cash the check before i have my mover come for pick up.

Would have love to come over for viewing but I'm afraid that might not be possible due to my work frame. If you have more pics please send so I can have a good look. Do get back to me with your full name and address (not p.o box) including your cell and land number so I can make out payment.Also am deaf and will like to be contacted via email

Regards,
Thanks and God Bless
That's a new tactic! Hmm. I don't know if this is a scammer or not now. I mean, could a deaf guy really be trying to cheat me? Why does he need my telephone number if he's deaf? lol.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

What's wrong with a PO Box I wonder?? Need to find a way to catch these guys.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like it was written in another language then translated to English.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MR2liter
Sounds like it was written in another language then translated to English.
Yeah, surprisingly, their English is getting better.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
What's wrong with a PO Box I wonder?? Need to find a way to catch these guys.
Probably not as easily linked to an individual like a home address for bank account information, etc. That's my guess.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Send a reply email stating you are blind and need to meet in person. lol!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by M1T/A
Send a reply email stating you are blind and need to meet in person. lol!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:08 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Braile email reply and you can haz parts plox.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Nothing about that sounds remotely legit. I have sold a couple of items on CL and have always gotten interest from scammers. I have a buddy convinced the $3100 check he recieved for his $1000 aquarium is legit all he has to do is pay the shipping agents, but at least he turned the check over to the Bank of America fraud department. Honestly it would be easy for the police to bust these guys all they would have to do was post something.

Why do all scammers sign Regards, who talks like that.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Ha great stuff, the amount of scammer sellers is out of control as well.

Regards
Bill
Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I have been it with 10 of those replies and then some for 1 single craigs list add. Started saying hell with it and i replied with bogus addresses ad sending the fake *** checks to my buddies just to make them spend cash on a postage/handling for the mail. LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

tell them you do not have a address you are a bum using wireless internet.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my wife recied that identical email reply to her craigslist item!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, I've received the exact same email before from one of my listings.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Funny thing I was trying to buy a pair of jet skis and got this email in response to me responding to the add...

Hi Chris ,
dum
dumdumdumdum Thank you for your interest in purchasing the jet skis. The skisdumare in perfect working condition, garage kept, used only in fresh water anddumwith nothing mechanically wrong - like new! If you decide to buy them, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me. For this transaction I want to usedumYahoo!dumFinancedumbecause I want todumhave adumsmooth and fast transaction . Thedumskisdumare atdumthedumshipping company warehousedumindumLas Vegas, NVdumand from theredumthey will be shipped to buyer's address.dumYou will have todummake the payment todumYahoo!dumFinancedumand they will hold the money until you receive the jet skis. ONLY AFTER you receive the jet skis and you inspectdumthem (for 5 days) they will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive thedumjet skisdumat your requested address. During all this timedumYahoo!dumFinancedumwill hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see thedumjet skisdumbefore decided to buy them. In this way we are both protected.
The final price is $ 4,000 with shipping costs and insurance included. The price is low because I want to sell them very quickly.dum My husband died 2 months ago and I along with my daughter we decided to sell the house and move to mydumsister in Reno, NV.dumI can't afford to take days off my work for this sale so i'm trying to selldumthem online.
If you are really interested in purchasing thedumjet skisdumplease send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number.dumYahoo!dumFinancedumwill notify you all the details about the shipping and payment.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible .dum

Best Regards!
dum
Dennise
Old 06-09-2010, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Hmmm that's weird I copy and pasted the email on my above post and it added "dum" in all the space spots... Must be some weird scanner code... Interesting
Old 06-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Teching In

i got somthing similar...but what i do , is just put my phone number on there and wait till i get calls or text..this way you know who is for real and who's not.

check out the email i got.

Hello I really appreciate your response to my earlier mail.like I said I will like to buy this item so pls do withdraw the advert from Craigslist. I will also like you to know that i will be paying via check.I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1.Your full name to be on the check
2.Home or work address
3.Your phone number.

**I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for moving I will have my mover come over for the pick up as soon as you have cashed the check**
Have a nice day.

N.B UPS does not deliver to a p.o.box address..
Old 06-09-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there is a service that deaf people can use via telephone that translates what u say to them. Its been awhile since i had to use the service but It does exist.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

TDA works for the deaf... That said, I think this one's a SCAM all the way... Don't DOIT DUMMAY! I know you won't, obviously.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, absolutely, I know this is a scam. LOL! I've been hip to that 419 crap for YEARS. I've just never been emailed by a purported blind scammer. Haha. It's funny because the initial email he sent totally seemed legit. I forgot to look at the email address. It's obviously a scam account - bunch of jibberish @ operamail.com or something like that.