Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help serious wiring problem 1969 camaro with LS2 long post sorry

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help serious wiring problem 1969 camaro with LS2 long post sorry

Guys got a 69 camaro that came with a LT1 in it,have sence pulled the LT1 and installed a trailblazer LS2,here comes the problem,it has a 95 trans am steering column and some of the wiring intergrated into the stock harness,well it did and i cut it out and now trying to put it back together like it was originally,the motor harness was sent to john at speartech(great job by the way)the steering column has to sets of wires coming out of it apparently one side was used for the blinkers and cruise contol etc,the other set looks to be the one for the ignition,the biggest problem is trying to get the switch on power from the ingnition switch,i think that it should be a pink wire coming from the ignition wires,is this at the plug it self or after,I've got a schematic coming for the stock under dash wiring so maybe I can figure some of the stock wiring out to put it back together,or maybe just say the hell with it and order a new harness from American Auto Wire.The LS2 harness is hooked up to the motor and I have the pink power wire running to the battery but for the life of me can't figure out the switch power,any ideas,also on last thing it also has the 95 trans am ignition switch that's being used also in the car to,come to think of it the stock wires may not even be used at the switch,going to tear into the column tomorrow night and check that out, in the mean time any help would be great,and sorry for the long post.THANKS!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

It would be very difficult for any of us to diagnose a previously modified wiring harness from your post. Use basic circuit trouble shooting methods (multi meter) to test each wire coming from the ignition switch to see which one is your IGN power.

Quick Reply: Help serious wiring problem 1969 camaro with LS2 long post sorry